Various companies and organizations throughout the region regularly contact Human Resources and offer special discounts on their products and services to University employees.
Please contact Dawn Smith at 874-5567 with any questions.
- at least 15 employees must enroll to have a Weight Watchers at Work program. Please contact Dawn Smith at 874-5567 for more information.
*All State of Rhode Island employees are eligible to participate in Rewards for Wellness programs, including Weight Watchers, but only employees who are paying the State employee medical co-shares posted at www.employeebenefits.ri.gov are eligible to qualify for incentive co-share credit and reimbursement towards their Weight Watchers program fees. Therefore, all state employees pay the $36.50 per month, however only Classified employees who are non-union, members of ACT/NEA, Council 94/Local 528, and nurses in FNHP/AFT are eligible for the 50% reimbursement benefit. See the URI co-share rates breakdown.
- AT&T offers URI employees a special discount on their monthly voice and data plans. Employees are eligible to receive 15% off qualified plans. Existing AT&T phone numbers can be enrolled in the program by visiting www.wireless.att.com/discounts and using your URI email address to validate the account. If you are considering switching to AT&T, or have any questions about the program, you can contact Brian Krause at email@example.com or visit AT&T @ 6670 Post Road, North Kingstown, RI (or www. http://www.att.com/storelocator/) and mention discount code 3737780.
AT&T also has a corporate account set up for URI needs. Please direct any inquiries regarding that plan to Brian directly.
URI Kingston Bookstore
- A 10% discount is offered to URI State of RI employees on anything except textbooks at the URI Kingston bookstore located in the Memorial Union.
Coastal Institute Bookstore
- A 10% discount is offered to URI State of RI employees on anything except textbooks at the Coastal Institute Bookstore at Narragansett Bay Campus.
- Up to a 15% discount is available to employees for Verizon Wireless services. Visit www.vzw.com/ryl (it stands for register your line). Or you can call 866-456-7892. The group is called RI Dept Administration.
- University of Rhode Island employees can receive a 23% discount on their Sprint Nextel bills. To setup new service with waived activation fees, order phone upgrades, get discounted accessories, or just apply the discount to your existing plan, please visit www.evpdiscount.com/URI or call 1-888-457-6294 for more information. The contact in the EVP is Andrew and he can also be reached via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
9 Pier Market Place
- Spa Thayer offers a 20% discount of any regular priced service when you show them your URI employee ID card.
The listings above do not imply any form of endorsement by the University of Rhode Island for the products or services of these organizations.