URI
Think Big, We Do.
Rhode Island Seal

Faculty Research Profiles

bide_profile

Martin Bide

Understanding the interaction of small molecules (such as dyes) and polymeric materials (like textiles) provides the theoretical underpinning to the interaction of biologically active substances with structural biomaterials to provide them with beneficial properties: infection resistance, modified clotting behavior, and biocompatibility.

vaccaro_profile

Annemarie Vaccaro

All my life, I have been passionate about diversity and social justice. As a faculty member, social justice paradigms inform my pedagogical strategies in the classroom.

mahler_profile

Leslie Mahler

The outcomes from my research have implications for treatment of multiple types of non-progressive dysarthria as a result of neurological disorders and contribute to the body of literature translating principles of motor learning to treatment of dysarthria that have been associated with activity-dependent changes in neuroplasticity.

coiro_profile

Julie Coiro

I chose to research the connections between theory, research, assessment, and practice to better understand how to prepare students and educators for the reading and thinking challenges they will encounter as they use the Internet for literacy and learning.

The University of Rhode Island
Think Big, We Do.
A-ZDirectoryContact UsJump to top