URI
Think Big, We Do.
Rhode Island Seal

Student Profiles

catlow_profile

Cassie Catlow

When I realized there was a profession (physical therapy) that could combine my interest in the sciences with my love of sports and helping others, I knew it was what I wanted to do. I think what has surprised me most about URI is all the opportunities that are offered so close to home. Growing up I never realized that the programs at URI are some of the best in the country.

brian_mcnamee_profile

Ben McNamee

I chose URI because the program had everything I was looking for; engaging faculty, a cohort model, and an opportunity to gain experiences from different higher education institutional types through internship experiences.

Jenna_Luca_profile

Jenna Luca

URI’s Human Development and Family Studies program gives students the opportunity to make their academic experience personal to their specific interests. Students are not only learning about the entire lifespan in the classroom but hands on learning in the community as well.

MacKenzie_Cahoone_profile

MacKenzie Cahoone

“The best part of my studies at URI is the freedom I have in selecting courses. The TMD program is structured with 18 professional electives built in to the 120 credit requirement for graduating which can be used for a minor. I chose minor in general business and I could not be happier!”

Kayla_Maclaughlin_profile

Kayla MacLaughlin

“The best part of my studies I would say are my field placements. There are a lot of great programs for education, but you won’t get an experience quite like the one at URI. The professors are knowledgeable and passionate about what they teach.”

Elizabeth_McLaughlin_profile

Elizabeth McLaughlin

“I had a good base of business classes but wanted to learn fashion design. After looking at the course curriculum for a TMD degree, I felt that the University of Rhode Island offered everything I needed to peruse my fashion design dreams. I really love the culture of URI, like their slogan “Think Big, We Do” because that is how I am.”

Jaclyn_Schiemer_profile

Jaclyn Schiemer

“My “Big Idea” is to one day open a private practice speech-language pathology facility with my sister, Christine, a fellow speech-language pathologist.”

Katrina Crossley

Katrina Crossley

“With small colleges you get an intimate learning experience where the professor knows your name. A larger college usually provides more resources. This is what I think is unique about URI and why I chose it – it has the best parts of both “big” and “small” colleges.”

Joe Grizzetti

Joe Grizzetti

“I have worked at an Alzheimer’s daycare for many years now and it has helped come to the conclusion that I want to take care of the elderly.”

Tim Haitz

Timothy M. Haitz

“I love helping and working with people. I know from first-hand experience what a difference a physical therapist can make in a person’s life. I want to be that person.”

The University of Rhode Island
Think Big, We Do.
A-ZDirectoryContact UsJump to top