Early Intervention Program
Paperwork Requirements for an Internship in EI
- Bureau of Criminal Identification (BCI) Background Check – This can be obtained at http://www.riag.ri.gov/homeboxes/BackgroundChecks.php : 150 South Main Street, Providence, Rhode Island 02903
Please be aware, BCI checks are $5.00 and must be paid by check or money order
- Child Abuse and Neglect Tracking System (CANTS) Check – The CANTS check is run through by DCYF but the site you are placed with will organize this check to be processed.
- Immunization records – URI students: Health Services should have your information on file, you should be able to call and request this information
- Tuberculosis (TB) test
- Car Insurance – Most sites require a copy of your, or your parents’, car insurance (depending upon who you are insured under). This is because you will be driving to and from home visits while interning.
Please note: while these are the general requirements, some sites require additional paperwork that will be administered/discussed during an interview with the site.
Student Internship Workbook
Download Certain Workbook Sections:
- Section I: About Early Intervention
- Section II: Information for Students
- Section III: Additional Resources and Information
- Section IV: Information for College Supervisors
- Section V: Information for Site Supervisors