As part of the International Engineering Program, you do not just learn global engineering – you live it. Students spend their 4th year in the program abroad, spending one semester at a partner university studying engineering. Following that, students spend a semester interning for a global engineering company. As of Spring 2015, we’ve placed 556 students in internships with companies in Germany, France, Switzerland, Liechtenstein, Spain, Mexico, Chile, Brazil, Canada and China. Students have worked for the likes of BMW, Bayer, Hasbro, Johnson & Johnson, Siemens and many more.
While studying aboard, students also soak up the culture and many travel extensively visiting some of the greatest cultural attractions in the world from the Great Wall in China to Big Ben in the United Kingdom. As they gain a deeper appreciation for our closely connected world, students grow both personally and professionally.
Our program also prides itself on affordability. While studying at our partner university, you’ll pay roughly the cost of in-state tuition, fees, room and board. We also have scholarship programs for those who qualify. Most internships are paid and some corporate hosts even provide housing or a housing stipend.
International Engineering Program students are subject to the IEP Year Abroad Program Policies as well as the University’s Study Abroad Policies and Procedures as outlined by The Office of International Education. In order to be eligible for the year abroad, you must maintain a minimum GPA of 2.5, be in good academic standing and demonstrate proficiency in your target language. You must have the approval of your IEP Director, who is also your language advisor, in order to participate. Preparation meetings for the year abroad begin a year prior to your departure and are conducted by IEP Directors. For more information see the OIE website and the Preparing For The Year Abroad pages on the International Engineering Program website.
- Laval University in Québec in Québec, Canada
- Pontificia Universidad Católica de Valparaiso in Valparaiso, Chile
- Zhejiang University in Hangzhou, China
- Nanjing University in Nanjing, China (Chinese Flagship)
- Beijing Union University in Beijing, China (Chinese Flagship)
- University of Technology of Compiègne in Compiègne, France
- University of Braunschweig in Braunschweig, Germany
- University of Darmstadt in Darmstadt, Germany
- University of Calabria in Rende, Italy
- Monterrey Institute of Technology and Higher Education in Monterrey and Toluca, Mexico
- University of Navarra in San Sebastián, Spain
- University of Cantabria in Santander, Spain
- University of Zaragoza in Zaragoza, Spain
- Waseda University in Tokyo, Japan