Seinan Gakuin University is a humanities-focused institution with a long history of international exchange. The location of the University, in Kyushu’s largest city known as the “gateway to Asia,” offers students an exciting environment in which to learn and grow. The University is situated adjacent to one of Fukuoka City’s key waterfront areas, Seaside Momochi, amid a superb environment incorporating academic and cultural facilities, information hubs and educational and research centers. Other institution highlights include:
- A reputation for excellent linguistic training in a rich, international environment
- Small class sizes
- Approximately 150 athletic, academic, and cultural clubs
- On-campus library, chapel, cafeteria and gymnasium
- All classes offered in English
Academic area(s) include:
- Beginning to Advanced Japanese
- Japanese Business Management, Culture, Literature, Politics, and Psychology
- Intercultural Communication
Housing and Meals
- There are a number of off-campus apartments within walking distance to the University
- Meal plans are not available
- More information on housing is available here
Program Dates and Deadlines
|Fall semester||September to December||April 1|
|Spring semester||January to May||October 1|
|URI In-state Tuition and Fees||$6,329|
|Room and Board||$3,708|
|Additional Fees (Admin Fee, OCS Fee)||$833|
|Emergency Evacuation Insurance||$33|
|Total estimated Cost of Attendance||$12,084|
NOTE: Additional costs include airfare, ground transportation, visa, books and personal expenses.
*Fees are subject to change.
**May be waived with proof of insurance and completion of waiver.
- 2.5 GPA on 4.0 scale
For more information on this exchange program or to obtain an application, please first complete the online General Information Session and then contact the Office of International Education to schedule an advising appointment at: 401-874-5546.