Common Data Set (CDS)
– Frequently requested data provided to guidebooks.
Common Data Set Table of Contents: A. General Information; B. Enrollment and Persistence; C. Freshmen Admission; D: Transfer Admission; E. Academic Offerings and Policies; F. Student Life; G. Annual Expenses; H. Financial Aid; I. Instructional Faculty and Class Size; J. Degrees Conferred.
- 2015-16 Common Data Set [PDF]
- 2014-15 Common Data Set [PDF]
- 2013-14 Common Data Set [PDF]
- 2012-13 Common Data Set [PDF]
- 2011-12 Common Data Set [PDF]
- 2010-11 Common Data Set [PDF]
- 2009-10 Common Data Set [PDF]
- 2008-09 Common Data Set [PDF]
- 2007-08 Common Data Set [PDF]
The CDS is a set of standards and definitions of data items rather than a survey instrument or set of data represented in a database. Each of the higher education surveys conducted by the participating publishers incorporates items from the CDS as well as unique items proprietary to each publisher. Consequently, the publishers’ surveys differ in that they utilize varying numbers of items from the CDS.