- To receive information on the International Undergraduate Admission process, go to:www.uri.edu/admission/InternationalHome.html
- To receivie information on the International Graduate Admission process, go to:www.uri.edu/gsadmis/gs_apply_int.html
- 2014 -2015 Estimated Cost of Attendance-2015
On those instances when an international students has attended another American highschool, college, or university, they will need to contact the Office of International Services at their current or previously attended school to request a transfer of their SEVIS record to the University of Rhode Island.
The University of Rhode Island cannot generate an I-20 (F-1 visa) or a DS-2019 (J-1 visa) form until the SEVISrecord has been transfered by the current or previously attended school.For detail information regarding this process, contact a Designated School Official (F-1) or a Responsible Officer (J-1) at your current or previously attended school in the United States.
The Office of International Students & Scholars (OISS) will generate your I-20 and/or DS-2019 for all international student and their dependents after receiving all forms and documents listed below:
FORMS, DOCUMENTS AND INFORMATION NEEDED TO OBTAIN AN I-20 and/or DS-2019
- URI Admission Letter
- DS-2019 Request form (J-1 exchange student only)
- Copy of the biographical page in the applicant’s passport (and dependents when appropriate)
- Original Marriage Certificate (when appropriate)
- An e-mail confirming a reliable mailing address where the immigration documents may be returned to
- Confirmation of the applicant’s home address (needed for SEVIS record).
- Proof of funding
PROOF OF FINANCIAL RESPONSIBILITY
Immigration regulations require that all students admitted to a degree program show proof of having sufficient funds to cover the cost of their education and other expenses. To comply with this regulation, URI requires that students provide one of the documents listed below to the Office of International Students & Scholars (OISS):
- Notarized Bank letter and/or current bank statement in the applicant’s name (no more than 30 days old from the day of issuance); OR
- Certificate of Financial Responsibility (CFR), click here to download the form
- Award letter in the applicant’s name (scholarship, institutional grant, and/or assistantship)
- U.S. government or own government, other agencies
- DO NOT submit the proof of funding before you have been admitted
- DO NOT submit proof of funding that is more than 30 days old
- SEND your proof of funding to the Office of International Students & Scholars AFTERhaving received admission
- SUBMIT original funding documents and marriage certificate
- SUBMIT all forms listed above to the Office of International Students & Scholars located at 37 Lower College Road, Kingston, RI, 02881.
For information on obtaining a visa go to http://www.uri.edu/iss/visa_immig/index.php