Curricular Practical Training (CPT) Workshops
If you would like to apply for Curricular Practical Training (CPT) or internship you must complete and submit an application to the Office of International Students and Scholars before engaging in any employment. All internships, summer or semester long, that are required by your academic program must be an integral part of an established curriculum.
CPT allows a lawful F-1 student to engage in alternate work/study, internship, cooperative education or any other type of required internship or practicum which is offered by sponsoring employers through cooperative agreements with the school. A student may choose to receive wages or academic credit for this experience.
Eligibility Requirements for Curricular Practical Training
- Students must be in lawful F-1 status at the time of the application.
- Undergraduate students must complete one academic year as a full-time student before they become eligible for CPT.
- Passport must be valid for at least six months into the future.
- Graduate students are eligible whenever it is required in their program of study.
- All internships, summer or semester long, required by your academic program must be approved as CPT.
For questions and/or meetings concerning Curricular Practical Training (CPT), contact:
Amie Limon: email@example.com