Teaching Assistants that are non-native English speakers are responsible for certifying that he or she has the necessary English proficiency required for a teaching assignment. Students that have not completed three or more years of undergraduate study at a university in an English-speaking country must take the Versant English oral proficiency test prior to the start of the semester to receive certification for the fulfillment of their TA position.
1. RAs do not need to take the English proficiency test; however they will need to take the test at a later date if given a TA position in future semesters.
2. TAs who score below a 65 on the Versant test, must enroll in ELS 512 (Fall semester) or ELS 612 (Spring semester).
Fall 2015 Test Dates
Monday, August 24, 3:00pm – 5:00pm, International Center, 37 Lower College Rd
Tuesday, August 25, 3:00pm – 5:00pm, International Center, 37 Lower College Rd
To schedule a thirty-minute test appointment please contact Kelly Watts, email@example.com or 401-874-2019.
ELS 512 Advanced Oral Communication Skills for ITAs Wednesday 4:30pm – 7:15pm
- Increase pronunciation and communication skills
- Complete professional presentations and reflective writing assignments
- Focus on American culture and cross-cultural communication