Table of Contents:
Learning Management System Consultation
- Workshops and one-on-one consultation and training.
- Use online forums, chatrooms, conferencing (BigBlueButton), and email in course sites.
- Manage rosters, group activities and grading with Sakai tools.
- Deliver digital course content to students via Sakai sites.
- Build an instructional knowledge base for use in multiple courses.
- Incorporate guest lecturers from distant locations via Sakai.
- Involve students in collaborative writing.
- Design courses for 100% online delivery.
- Sakai at URI
- Sakai Training Page
- Steps for creating a new course sites in Sakai
- Sakai Training Course (via ATL)
Software and Hardware
Consultation on software and hardware:
- 3D Animation (Maya)
- Clickers (Classroom Response Systems) Training > Polling: TurningPoint Cloud
- Google Applications for Education
- Lecture Capture -BigBlueButton Meetings Tool in Sakai, Camtasia Relay, KeyNote, Podcast Capture, WebEx
Throughout the year, ITS offers on-demand, just-in-time, training in the format of instructor-led short courses, workshops, brown-bag meetings and classroom presentations on topics such as the Sakai Learning Management System, website development, digital video production and editing, MS Office, E-mail, online calendar, Turning Technologies classroom response system, productivity applications for desktop, and mobile platforms, etc.
ITS hosts technology webinars for the URI Community, and arranges seminars and demonstrations of emerging technology in the Chafee 208 Instructional Technology Center.
ITMS also acts as a clearinghouse for additional webinars that you might find useful to register for to watch from your own desk.
Video Solutions for Online Learning
- Online office hours (using Meetings Tool in Sakai)
- Online meetings (using Meetings Tool in Sakai)
- Web streaming