Our mission is to assist URI faculty and staff in their use of technology to advance effective teaching and learning.
Come to the Instructional Technology Center in Chafee 217 to:
• explore teaching technology options in a relaxed faculty learning center!
• try new techniques before introducing them to a live class.
• take advantage of Technology Training & Faculty Workshops
• enjoy a private consultation with Dan Persaud (Lecture capture, Sakai), Mary Fetherston (Google, Desktop Capture, Sakai, Classroom Equipment),or the Turning Technologies student interns, or statistical help (SAS, SPSS) with Allie Scott.
• discuss the current thinking on Learning Spaces, and what types of classrooms are available at URI.
• faculty and staff may use one of the laptops to try out software or work on a project with any of our licensed software.
• You may return to practice whenever the room is not already reserved, during business hours (Mon-Fri 8:30 am – 4:30 pm).
• Check the ITC Calendar.
• Check the ITS Online Training Calendar.
Bring a colleague or TA with you to help brainstorm and test new ideas.
The Instructional Technology Center (ITC) in Chafee 217 provides a classroom-like space for faculty learning and sharing thanks to a 2010 grant funded by the Champlin Foundations.
Chafee 217 Instructional Technology Center (ITC) in action: