Our mission is to assist URI faculty and staff in their use of technology to advance effective teaching and learning.
Come to the Instructional Technology Center in Chafee 217 to:
• explore teaching technology options in a relaxed faculty learning center!
• try new techniques before introducing them to a live class.
• take advantage of Technology Training & Faculty Workshops
• enjoy a consultation with Dan Persaud (Lecture capture, Sakai), Mary Fetherston (Google, Desktop Capture, Sakai, Classroom Equipment), Ben Leveillee or Christine Sweet (Sakai and integrated tools), or the Turning Technologies student interns. For statistical help (SAS, SPSS) contact Angela Darosh. If you would like to book a one-on-one consultation in one of the above areas, please fill out our online form.
• faculty and staff may use one of the laptops to try out software or work on a project with any of our licensed software.
• You may return to practice whenever the room is not already reserved, during business hours (Mon-Fri 8:30 am – 4:30 pm).
• Check the ITC Calendar.
• Check the ITS Online Training Calendar.
Bring a colleague or TA with you to help brainstorm and test new ideas.
The Instructional Technology Center (ITC) in Chafee 217 provides a classroom-like space for faculty learning and sharing thanks to a 2010 grant funded by the Champlin Foundations.
Chafee 217 Instructional Technology Center (ITC) in action: