Thanks to a 2010 grant from the Champlin Foundations, the Instructional Technology Center (ITC) in Chafee 208 provides a classroom-like space for faculty learning and sharing.
* Come explore new technology in a relaxed faculty learning center!
* Try new techniques before introducing them to a live class.
* Introductory or practice sessions may be scheduled with Charlene Yang or Dan Persaud. You may return to practice whenever the room is not already reserved, during business hours.
* Bring a colleague or TA with you, we can help you brainstorm and test new ideas.
* Faculty may also use one of the laptops to work on a project with any of our licensed software (see list below). A quiet room in our suite can be reserved for capture or editing.
* Check the ITC Calendar.
Technologies available include:
* 2D and 3D Animation (Maya)
* Adobe Creative Suite 6
* Clickers (Audience Response Systems) Turning Technologies Student Response System
* Digital video editing (Avid, iMovie, Final Cut Pro, Premiere)
* Document Camera
* Podium touch panel with URI Standard Graphic User Interface (GUI) and Annotation capture [Typical NOMAD classroom]
* Web page design (DreamWeaver, Contribute, WordPress)
Sakai is URI’s open-source “Learning and Collaboration Management System” which is a collection of learning and collaboration tools, such as announcements, chat, discussion, messages, sharing documents via web, online assignments, online tests ….etc in a password-protected environment.
Chafee 208 in action: