Sakai Collaboration and Learning Environment
- Login to Sakai
- Sakai Status Page
- Report any issues related to Sakai to the Help Desk [ firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 874-4357, or walk-in to Library Lower Level 19]
- Sakai Consultation
- Teaching Online (Getting Started (Self-paced online Sakai Training), Course Design, Instructional Design Help, Sakai Tips Blog)
- Faculty Development (consultation on pedagogically sound tool options to meet your course objectives).
Tools integrated with the Sakai Learning Management System:
- BigBlueButton ‘Meetings‘ Tool in Sakai
- URI-specific site: ITS Training> Polling: TurningPoint Cloud (company site: TurningTechnologies )
- Wikispaces – URI implemented Private Label Wikispaces as a tool within Sakai during Summer 2013. If you are currently using Wikispaces on your own, Wikispaces can plan the migration of your academic wikis into the Private Label version. One feature of this system is the dashboard where you can manage all of your wikis from one area.
- Publisher Provided Content – McGraw-Hill Campus Tool in Sakai
Tools associated with the Sakai Learning Management System:
- Respondus (Windows) This is only available through July 2017.
Other software tools for faculty:
- Coggle (Webapp)
- MindNode (Mac/iOS)
- Mindjet (Windows/Mac/iOS)
- Freemind (Windows/Mac/Linux)
- XMind (Windows/Mac/Linux)