Turning Technologies Toll Free #: 866-746-3015
NEWS for Spring 2015:
- SPRING 2015 -
- Student Rebate still in effect for SPRING 2015 semester [png]
- Students – Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- If you don’t see what you are looking for here, or still have questions, contact the URI Turning Technologies Support Team Two student interns are available to assist faculty during the Fall 2014 semester.
- Getting Started? - Register to receive your instructor kit.
- Instructors may check out Turning Point receivers at Classroom Media Assistance (Lower Library Room 4).
- Order clickers for your class when you put in your book order at the University Bookstore, (Paul Whitney, (401) 874-5224). You can add the clicker info in the Comment section of the Bookstore online form.
- If you use a Dell Inspiron: The pre-installed weather widget has to be closed (mouse over and click the ‘x’) before TurningPoint 5 can recognize that your TurningPoint Receiver has been plugged into the USB slot. [TurningPoint 2008 sees the receiver OK].
- For Spring 2015 at URI – use the TurningPoint 5 products which are integrated with Sakai.
- TurningPoint 5 Training Tutorials
- TurningPoint 5 Documentation
- Download information about the PresenterCard
More Q&A Options:
- Contact the URI Turning Technologies Support Team Two student interns are available to assist faculty during the Spring 2015 semester.
- Helpful links at Turning Technologies
- Read the URI CLICKERS mailing list archives.
- Join the URI CLICKERS mailing list so you can ask questions and receive updated information or alerts during the semester.
Why are clickers useful in class? – Small or large lecture classes – Guide lectures – Facilitate class discussion – Make class more interactive – Test knowledge/skills – Get immediate feedback – Encourage peer instruction – Take attendance Why Turning Technologies? – On-site intern available to assist and guide you – Reasonable price, great deals with the URI code! – Online tutorials, recorded training sessions, support line – Easy to use software ribbon within Microsoft Powerpoint (TurningPoint) – TurningPoint Anywhere can be used with any other software – Students only need one device for the remainder of their time at URI – The URI Council of Deans has supported Turning Technologies as the primary provider for student response systems since 2009. Back to Top