Turning Technologies Toll Free #: 866-746-3015
NEWS for Fall 2014:
1. URI is still using TurningPoint 5. You do not need to move to TurningPoint Cloud yet!
2. ResponseWare 2.0 now available.
- As an instructor, if you used URI’s Turning Point PresenterWare License prior to Fall 2014, presenters should have received an email from Turning Technologies in July 2014, with a link to migrate their account to the latest version of ResponseWare. Presenters will need to click the link in their email to have their licenses transferred to the new ResponseWare.
- NOTE: For NEW presenter accounts, administrators will no longer be able to create presenter accounts for other users. Instead, each presenter must create their own account at account.turningtechnologies.com .
- FALL 2014 -
Student Rebate still in effect for FALL 2014 semester [pdf]
- If you purchase a USED NXT clicker – READ THIS BEFORE CLASS
- Students – Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- If you don’t see what you are looking for here, or still have questions, contact the URI Turning Technologies Support Team
Two student interns are available to assist faculty during the Fall 2013 semester.
- Getting Started? - Register to receive your instructor kit.
- Instructors may check out Turning Point receivers at Classroom Media Assistance (Lower Library Room 4).
- Order clickers for your class when you put in your book order at the University Bookstore, (Paul Whitney, (401) 874-5224). You can add the clicker info in the Comment section of the Bookstore online form.
- If you use a Dell Inspiron: The pre-installed weather widget has to be closed (mouse over and click the ‘x’) before TurningPoint 5 can recognize that your TurningPoint Receiver has been plugged into the USB slot. [TurningPoint 2008 sees the receiver OK].
- For Fall 2014 at URI – use the TurningPoint 5 products which are integrated with Sakai. Both the dark gray receivers and the newer receivers with white on them will continue to work.
- TurningPoint 5 Training Tutorials
- TurningPoint 5 Documentation
- Download information about the PresenterCard
More Q&A Options:
- Contact the URI Turning Technologies Support Team
Two student interns are available to assist faculty during the Fall 2014 semester.
- Helpful links at Turning Technologies
- Read the URI CLICKERS mailing list archives.
- Join the URI CLICKERS mailing list so you can ask questions and receive updated information or alerts during the semester.
Why are clickers useful in class?
- Small or large lecture classes
- Guide lectures
- Facilitate class discussion
- Make class more interactive
- Test knowledge/skills
- Get immediate feedback
- Encourage peer instruction
- Take attendance
Why Turning Technologies?
- On-site intern available to assist and guide you
- Reasonable price, great deals with the URI code!
- Online tutorials, recorded training sessions, support line
- Easy to use software ribbon within Microsoft Powerpoint (TurningPoint)
- TurningPoint Anywhere can be used with any other software
- Students only need one device for the remainder of their time at URI
- The URI Council of Deans has supported Turning Technologies as the primary provider for student response systems since 2009.