Where to Access Training at URI
This page is intended to help URI faculty and staff learn where they can go for assistance in making their web content more accessible. This site will be updated with additional resources as they become available.
- Accessibility Workshop/Training Sessions:
- Fall 2017: Accessibility drop-in hours are held from 2-4PM, every first and third Wednesday of each month. Held in Chafee 208 (inside the Chafee 217 suite) and via WebEx by request.
- To set up a separate one-on-one appointment, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sakai Accessibility FAQ (Sakai 11 Help Guide)
- Accessibility Information
- What does it mean to make content accessible?
- What are some guidelines for making content accessible?
- How can I make images more accessible?
- How can I make tables more accessible?
- How can I make videos and audio files more accessible?
- How can I make links accessible?
- How can I make lists of items accessible?
- How can choices in background and text color affect accessibility?
- How can I structure my document to make it more accessible?
- Why should I use paragraph breaks in my document?
- How can I create extended time for tests and quizzes in Sakai for specific students?
- URI WordPress Users Forum Website: Workshop information is listed in the upper left section of there page.
Other Groups That Can Help
- Disability Student Services: DSS Website
- Office for the Advancement of Teaching & Learning: Online Learning Resource Website
Resources on the Web