WEBEX Tips and Tricks
Just go to URI’s Webex Meeting Center to search and join the meeting there. Simply enter the session number or if you don’t have it, you may search for a meeting by the host name, topic, or words in the agenda.
- If you can’t remember your username, try your eCampus username. If you can’t remember your password, click the Forgot your password? link, then follow the prompts. You will receive an email from which you can reset your password.
- You can select hosts that you want to allow to schedule meetings on your behalf. You can do this in your Personal Room preferences.
- Want to lock your Personal Room automatically or receive notifications when someone is waiting in your Personal Room lobby? You can do this in your preferences.
- You can join or host a WebEx meeting from virtually all mobile devices. Visit the WebEx Mobile Apps site to download the latest version of WebEx software for your tablet or mobile device.
- During your Webex, before you click a button or choose a menu item, briefly pause your mouse over the object to call attention to the item.
- Your archived Webex videos count against the URI storage quota, so please download any videos to your own computer and share them via another server. Directions on how to download are available from the Cisco Webex Support Topics.
- To improve viewing quality for recorded Webex meetings, move your mouse slowly at first then gradually move it faster.
- To improve viewing quality for recorded Webex meetings, set display resolution to 1024 x 768 pixels before recording.
- To improve audio quality during your Webex, set your microphone to the highest level volume possible before distortion
- To improve audio quality, use a headset with microphone for audio. Headsets typically provide better quality than phone handsets or speaker phones.