UCS supports the University’s major computing systems and provides services intrinsic to running a comprehensive and robust university network.
The ITS Data Center in Tyler Hall enables generator-backed, continuous operation of the 100+ commodity-type servers running both Microsoft server software and Linux. These systems provide the University with enterprise services such as:
- Sakai – Learning Management System
- e-Campus – PeopleSoft’s administrative processing applications
- Nolij – Web-based document access
- Enterprise file system
- Web services
- Netvault – data backup system
- VDI – virtual desktop
- VM infrastructure – virtual server cluster
- Campus-wide research software
Optical Mark Reader services are available for exam grading and survey processing, and plotting services are provided in support of instruction and research.
In collaboration with the Help Desk, UCS also designs and maintains campus-wide trouble and response systems to keep all academic and administrative systems running.