Color Plotting Instructions
Users within the URI network can plot graphics files to an HP Designjet 4000PS color plotter in Tyler Hall. The color plotter is 42″ wide and uses a continuous roll of paper. The graphics files must be in one of the following formats:
- HP RTL (Raster Transfer Language)
- Plotter output can be picked up at the Dispatch Counter in the lobby of Tyler Hall.
- Please use the plotter for the final copy of your output only, insofar as possible.
- For large plots, it may be necessary to use the HP RTL format to avoid loss of part of the output.
To print from an application such as Photoshop on your desktop computer:
- Download the driver for the Designjet 4000PS from HP and install as a networked printer on your machine. http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/readIndex?sp4ts.oid=431013
- Select the TCP/IP port during the Wizard setup.
- Enter the IP address 10.1.170.26
- You can scale the image to the paper size of your choice under the “Page Setup” scaling option.