New Faculty and Staff
As of January 6, 2015, all faculty and staff have an official URI email address on Google Apps for Education. The account is in the format: email@example.com. The pre-set password for your email account is your birth date in the form mmddyyyy; it is NOT your e-Campus password. Change your password immediately for security reasons!
Keep in mind…
We cannot activate your account until we receive your information from the Office of Human Resources Administration. Please contact the Help Desk at 874-HELP if you are experiencing an undue delay in getting on-line.
ETAL: Special Needs Accounts
Please note: Beginning June 1, 2015, ETAL accounts will be moved to Google Apps. Individual and affiliate accounts will no longer be offered. See our Google site for more information.
ETAL accounts are email accounts available to faculty, staff, and students needing accounts for:
- University-affiliated projects, workshops, special classes, or a grinder user ID
- ETAL accounts are maintained on the etal.uri.edu server
You can access class-related sites to view rosters, enter grades, update personal information, etc., provided:
- You are entered into the e-Campus system as an employee
- You are identified as the instructor in the course schedule
- You have your instructor security assigned
Schedule and security information is processed by your department or by Enrollment Services.
Please read the following information about email:
Student process their email using the Google-hosted email system named my.uri.edu. The pre-set password for your email account is your birth date in the form mmddyyyy; it is NOT your e-Campus password. Change your passwordimmediately for security reasons!
Note: If you have not yet registered on e-Campus and selected your e-Campus user ID and password, go to web.uri.edu/ecampus; select First Time Users Register Here! One business day after you have done that, you can use your email account.
If you wish, you can change the pre-set email password to be the same as the password you chose for your e-Campus user ID; but remember, if you change your password, be sure to change it in both places.
Please be aware of the following:
- URI Official Email Communication Guidelines
- Email Features
- Reporting Email Abuse
- Virus Protection
- Account Types & Password Problems
- Dealing with SPAM
- Configure Your Email Program
The following space allocations are in place for the email servers:
Google Apps for Education:
Google Apps for faculty and staff provide a suite of collaboration tools including mail, calendar, and drive for sharing documents. Google offers unlimited storage.
- 100 megabytes of disk space for each mailbox
- 50 megabytes per incoming or outgoing email message; this includes headers, text, copies, and attachment(s). Be aware that the size of attachments increases when sent through email.
Accounts on etal.uri.edu that have not been changed in 180 days may be deleted.
If you have exceeded your mailbox space quota, mail servers will stop transferring incoming messages to your mailbox and will notify you and the sender that the mail cannot be delivered because your mailbox is full. To make disk space available, delete messages on the server or transfer them to your harddrive. Detailed information on how servers deal with exceeded disk quota is available.
Faculty and Staff
If you need more disk space for your mailbox, please fill out and submit handout No.49, ‘Account Limit Exception Request’
- Virus-infected incoming and outgoing email is discarded as it is detected.
- To prevent spamming by compromised machines on our network, a limit of 100 outgoing emails per day is imposed.
To further minimize the chance of virus damage to your computer, follow these recommendations:
Go to our Virus Website to download virus protection software. Check the site regularly for updates; MS Outlook and Outlook Express are particularly vulnerable to virus problems. Go to our Security Website for information on security patches, testing your machine for vulnerabilities, etc.