Faculty and Staff
As of January 6, 2015, all faculty and staff have an official URI email address on Google Apps for Education with unlimited storage. The account is in the format: email@example.com. The pre-set password for your email account is your birth date in the form mmddyyyy; it is NOT your e-Campus password. Change your password immediately for security reasons!
Keep in mind…
We cannot activate your account until we receive your information from the Office of Human Resources Administration. Please contact the Help Desk at 874-HELP if you are experiencing an undue delay in getting on-line.
ETAL ID: Special Needs Accounts
The ETAL ID is a non-standard email and Internet account for the following purposes:
- Departmental needs such as departmental email addresses, calendaring and document sharing
- Research collaboration
- Project collaboration
- URI organizations or student organizations (require a faculty/staff sponsor)
For more on ETAL IDs and the request for an account, go to the ETAL ID Web page.
Please read the following information about email:
Students process their email using the Google-hosted email system named my.uri.edu. Go to http://www.uri.edu/news/myuri/ for information.
Please be aware of the following:
- URI Official Email Communication Guidelines
- Reporting Email Abuse
- Virus Protection
- Account Types & Password Problems
- Configure Your Email Program
- Virus-infected incoming and outgoing email is discarded as it is detected.
- To prevent spamming by compromised machines on our network, a limit of 100 outgoing emails per day is imposed.
To further minimize the chance of virus damage to your computer, follow these recommendations:
Go to our Virus Website to download virus protection software. Check the site regularly for updates; MS Outlook and Outlook Express are particularly vulnerable to virus problems. Go to our Security Website for information on security patches, testing your machine for vulnerabilities, etc.