Sakai 10 Upgrade
The recent upgrade to Sakai 10 brings a set of new features, as well as a slightly updated look to URI’s learning management system.
New features include:
1. Ability to drag-and-drop multiple files into the Resources tool,
2. Adding extra-credit points to an item within the Gradebook tool,
3. A redesigned native course Syllabus tool,
4. Group submissions and grading in the Assignments tool,
5. A new peer-review option for assignments,
6. Native audio clip recording within the instructor’s content editing window,
7. Integrated video management.
The new Sakai Training page, regularly scheduled workshops, and pre-semester Sakai Jumpstart sessions are all part of the important and ongoing effort to ensure faculty, staff, and students are well-supported in using Sakai. Faculty or staff members who wish to learn more about Sakai are encouraged to contact Ben Leveillee or Mary Fetherston to set up individual or group training sessions.