Computer labs can be reserved as follows:
- Ballentine 240: Because this is our only instructional computer facility that accommodates classes larger than 25 students, reservations are limited to six class sessions per semester. Faculty in the College of Business are given first-priority for lab reservation.
- Fine Arts 102, Chafee 101 and Quinn 215/217 Labs: May be reserved for a course for the entire semester (e.g. MWF 10 – 10:50 a.m.). Course reservations do not automatically include final exam periods. These must be booked by the instructor separately.
- Chafee 101: Because this lab was paid for by education bond money, first priority for course reservations is given to Education. All other requests will be filled once Education courses are scheduled (normally at least 30 days before the start of the semester). Chafee 101 also functions as a distance education/videoconference room. Classes may be asked to move for a session to accommodate a special need which cannot be filled elsewhere.
- Reservations for use of instructional computing facilities should be submitted at least a week in advance for one-time use (to accommodate training of the instructor). Ideally, block reservations for instructional computing facilities (e.g., for an extended period such as all MWF 10-10:50 a.m. for the entire semester) should be submitted at least a month in advance. Except in the case of Chafee 101 and Ballentine, reservations are approved on a first-come, first-served basis.
- In addition, laptop carts are available for check-out from Chafee 217 and Swan 301. These carts can be used only in the building in which they are housed (Chafee and Swan). Laptop carts should be reserved through the online reservation system for Swan Hall or the rest of the Kingston Campus.
To request a computer lab reservation, send an email to email@example.com including your name, the course number, the lab requested, and the dates and times the lab is needed. Please remember that we do not automatically schedule time slots for finals. You need to request those times if you require them.