Winter J Term Tuition
|Per credit tuition rate*|
* Travel and program fees may apply for various courses.
The Winter J Term is an optional term. The per credit rate for Winter J Term tuition has been discounted by over 50% from fall and spring rates to help make this term more affordable. Limited internal scholarship money will be available, and federal aid may also be available. To apply for Winder J term aid, you will need to:
- make sure you have a completed FAFSA on file with URI, and then
- complete the simple Winter J Term Budget Adjustment Request form.
Students who are eligible for a financial aid refund in the fall or spring terms may choose to use this for Winter J Term expenses. More detailed information about Winter J Term financial aid policies can be found on this page of the Enrollment Services website.
Students withdrawing from a Winter J Term course are subject to the following refund schedule:
- Up until midnight on January 1: 100%
- January 2: 50%
- After January 2: no refund
Note: The refund policy for travel courses will vary by program and will have a drop deadline much earlier than the above posted dates.