Winter J Term Tuition
|Per-credit tuition rate*|
* Travel and program fees may apply for various courses.
The Winter J Term is an optional term. The per credit rate for Winter J Term tuition has been discounted by over 50% from fall and spring rates to help make this term more affordable. For students enrolled and matriculated in a degree program at URI, Limited internal scholarship money will be available, and federal aid may also be available. To apply for Winder J term aid, you will need to:
- make sure you have a completed FAFSA on file with URI, and then
- complete the simple Winter J Term Budget Adjustment Request form.
Students who are eligible for a financial aid refund in the fall or spring terms may choose to use this for Winter J Term expenses.
Important Billing Dates and Deadlines
|November 30, 2015||E-Bills will be generated for all enrolled students. Current account information is also available on a student’s e-campus Account Summary.|
|December 18, 2015||Payment is due.*|
|January 3, 2016||Last day to drop courses and receive a 100% reduction in charges.|
|January 4, 2016||Last day to drop courses and receive a 50% reduction in charges.|
|February 1, 2016||Late payment fees will be assessed on unpaid balances. Fees will be added on a monthly basis until the balance is fully paid.|
|February 9, 2015||Registration/transcript holds will be placed on accounts with unpaid balances.|
* Only applies to students registered on or before November 30. Students who register after 11/30 will have varying due dates that can be viewed on eCampus.
Students withdrawing from a Winter J Term course are subject to the following refund schedule:
- Up until midnight on Sunday, January 3: 100%
- Up until midnight on Monday, January 4: 50%
Note: The refund policy for travel courses will vary by program and will have a drop deadline much earlier than the above posted dates.