Ideal candidates for this position will be sophomores, juniors, and seniors who have participated in either HDF 190 or HDF 290 and are in good academic standing and good standing with the University. Please read the information provided below in its entirety. The application can be found after the provided information. If you have any questions, please contact Robert Vincent at email@example.com or Alison Jackson Frasier at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Spring 2018 Selection Process
- Completed applications are due: Friday, 10/20/2017 by 3:00 PM via the form below
- Interview invitations to be sent: Wednesday, 10/25/2017
- Interviews: Wednesday, 11/01/2017 (12:00-1:30 PM, 1:00-2:00 PM, 2:00-3:00 PM) or Thursday, 11/02/2017 (12:30-1:30 PM, 1:30-2:30 PM)
- Selection announcements: Tuesday, 11/07/2017, via email with permission numbers to register for HDF 415 for spring 2018.
Applicants must be available for all stated times below in order to be considered for the position. There may be additional trainings in spring 2018 that will be noted in the forthcoming syllabus.
- Tuesday, December 12, 2017, 1:00-3:30 PM: Peer Leader Retreat. Attendance is required to serve in this role. The retreat is on campus and the agenda includes training and scheduling, so save the date now, and bring your calendars then.
- Tuesdays from 3:30-5:30 PM, Spring 2018: HDF 415 FLITE Peer Leadership class meets. Attendance is required to serve in this role. Permission numbers will be distributed once selections have been made.
- Tuesdays and Thursdays from 2:00-3:15 PM, Spring 2018: HDF 190 FLITE class meets. Attendance is required to serve in this role.
- Saturday, February 3, 2018: FLITE Retreat. Attendance is required to serve in this role. Peer leaders will be expected to facilitate during this full day retreat (details to follow).
For Your Interview
Please be prepared to be engaged in discussion, activity, and debriefing during your interview around the following topics:
- Create a 3-5 slide PowerPoint presentation explaining your “why” for peer leadership. Why do you want to be a FLITE Peer Leader and why is now the right time? Include 2-3 learning outcomes – what do you want to learn as a Peer Leader? What do you want us to learn from your presentation?
- Describe how you will challenge yourself to grow as a peer educator in this position.
- How would you describe your personality/behavior in one-on-one situations? In facilitation settings?
- What do you consider your strengths and weaknesses when working with a group?
- What can you contribute to this program? In what ways are you outstanding or different from your peers?