Welcome to the University Libraries at Kingston, Narragansett, and Providence. The Libraries are open to members of the University of Rhode Island Community, the citizens of Rhode Island and the general public in accordance with the provisions below:
The University Libraries Hours are posted at each Library, and on the University Libraries website at http://web.uri.edu/library/hours/. Hours are subject to change. Please call the appropriate branch for current hour information.
Kingston Campus — Carothers Library and Learning Commons: (401) 874-2672
Narragansett Bay Campus — Pell Marine Science Library: (401) 874-6161
Providence Campus — URI Providence Campus Library: (401) 277-5130
Library Use Policy
- Members of the public, including URI alumni, are welcome to use the libraries onsite. Borrowing privileges, usage, and certain other services may be restricted. Please inquire at each library’s circulation desk for more information.
- All URI faculty, students, and staff with a valid URI ID who are in good standing are welcome to use the University Libraries and all of their services.
- All HELIN Consortium members with a valid Institutional ID who are in good standing are welcome to use the URI Libraries and all services EXCEPT Interlibrary Loan.
- All Rhode Island residents who are at least 18 years of age with proof of Rhode Island residency and patrons with a CRIARL (Consortium of Rhode Island Academic and Research Libraries) card are considered Special Borrowers. They are welcome to use the URI Libraries for all services, EXCEPT Interlibrary and HELIN loans from non-URI locations.
- Immediate family members of a URI employee, and students working under the direct guidance of a faculty member may use the employee or faculty member’s card, by filling out the appropriate form at one of the University Libraries’ circulation desks.
Computer Use Policy
University Libraries’ computers are for library and academic uses ONLY. Patrons are not allowed to install software nor make any changes to these systems. Additional provisions for the use of these machines are given below.
A. Kingston Campus — Carothers Library and Learning Commons
- All Kingston library public computers are available for patron use.
- The Library Student Computing Facility on the Library’s Lower Level is for use by URI students, faculty, and staff ONLY. A valid URI ID is required.
B. Narragansett Bay Campus — Pell Marine Science Library
- Members of the University of Rhode Island Community and the public may use Pell library computers for library related purposes only.
C. Providence Campus — CCE Library
- CCE computers may be used ONLY BY URI and HELIN FACULTY, STUDENTS, AND STAFF, for library related purposes only.
Approved Library Managers, July 8, 1999