All figures below are given on an annual basis, unless otherwise noted, and are for the latest year available.
|Books (physical)||1,115,285 titles||Updated: ACRL FY16 data|
|Books (digital/electronic)||568,197 titles||Updated: ACRL FY16 data|
|Databases||247 databases||Updated: ACRL FY16 data|
|Media (physical)||142,757 titles||Updated: ACRL FY16 data|
|Media (digital/electronic)||8,697 titles||Updated: ACRL FY16 data|
|Manuscripts & archives||16,597 linear feet||Updated: 7/2016|
|One-time purchase of books, serial backfiles, and other materials||$1,143,009||Updated: ACRL FY16 data|
|E-books (included in one-time purchases above)||$273,821||Updated: ACRL FY16 data|
|Ongoing commitments to subscriptions||$3,102,815||Updated: ACRL FY16 data|
|All other materials/service cost||$35,717||Updated: ACRL FY16 data|
|Total materials/services expenses||$4,281,541||Updated: ACRL FY16 data|
Total library expenditures
|Total library expenses (without fringe)||$8,508,191||Updated: ACRL FY16 data|
|Hours open each week||117 hours||Updated: ACRL FY16 data|
|Gate count||1,780,633 visitors||Updated: ACRL FY16 data|
|URI Libraries Search (Primo) searches||803,187 searches||Updated: FY16 data|
|Initial circulations||50,462 initial circulations||Updated: ACRL FY16 data|
|Reference transactions||5,088 transactions||Updated: ACRL FY16 data|
|Chat reference transactions (included in reference transactions above)||1,782 transactions||Updated: ACRL FY16 data|
|Number of presentations||665 presentations||Updated: ACRL FY16 data|
|Total attendance at all presentations||9,184 people||Updated: ACRL FY16 data|
|Credit courses taught||7 sections||Updated: FY16 data|
|Total professional staff||22.5 FTE||Updated: ACRL FY16 data|
|All other paid staff (except student assistants)||20.0 FTE||Updated:ACRL FY16 data|
|Student assistants||13.5 FTE||Updated:ACRL FY16 data|
|TOTAL||56.0 FTE||Updated: ACRL FY16 data|
- Reference Database Usage Statistics from 2004-2005 to the latest year available can be found in the series Technical Services Reports and Statistics.
- Journal Usage Reports from 2010-2011 to the latest year available can be found in the series Technical Services Reports and Statistics.
- University of Rhode Island Libraries data from national library surveys conducted by the Association of College & Research Libraries (ACRL) and the National Center for Educational Statistics (NCES) can be found in the series University Libraries Reports and Statistics.
For comparisons with other libraries, please see the following publications:
American Library Association. Research and Statistics About Academic Libraries. Online. Available http://www.ala.org/research/librarystats/academic.
- Online (log in required)
- Includes ACRL survey data from 1998 to present and NCES data from 2000 to present.
- See also University Libraries Reports & Statistics, DigitalCommons@URI.
ACRL University Library Statistics, Chicago: Association of College and Research Libraries (biennial) at Serial Z675 .U5 A278
ARL Statistics, Washington: Association of Research Libraries (annual) at Serial Z675 .U5 A78. Also online at http://www.arl.org/stats/annualsurveys/arlstats/.
Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS), Washington: National Center for Educational Statistics (annual) at Govt. Pub. CD-ROM ED1.334/4:. Also online at http://nces.ed.gov/surveys/libraries/.
If you have any questions, please contact Karim Boughida, Dean, University Libraries, by telephone at (401) 874-4602 or by e-mail at email@example.com.