All figures below are given on an annual basis, unless otherwise noted, and are for the latest year available.
|Books (physical)||1,357,551 titles||Updated: ACRL FY15 data|
|Books (digital/electronic)||105,378 titles||Updated: ACRL FY15 data|
|Databases||228 databases||Updated: ACRL FY15 data|
|Media (physical)||143,096 titles||Updated: ACRL FY15 data|
|Media (digital/electronic)||10,637 titles||Updated: ACRL FY15 data|
|Manuscripts & archives||16,597 linear feet||Updated: 7/2016|
|One-time purchase of books, serial backfiles, and other materials||$1,294,137||Updated: ACRL FY15 data|
|E-books (included in one-time purchases above)||$558,859||Updated: ACRL FY15 data|
|Ongoing commitments to subscriptions||$2,676,051||Updated: ACRL FY15 data|
|All other materials/service cost||$778,811||Updated: ACRL FY15 data|
|Total materials/services expenses||$4,748,999||Updated: ACRL FY15 data|
Total library expenditures
|Total library expenses||$8,433,427||Updated: ACRL FY15 data|
|Hours open each week||117 hours||Updated: 11/2016|
|Gate count||1,236,458 visitors||Updated: ACRL FY15 data|
|URI Libraries Search (Primo) searches||803,187 searches||Updated: FY16 data|
|Initial circulations||55,316 initial circulations||Updated: ACRL FY15 data|
|Reference transactions||7,935 transactions||Updated: FY16 data|
|Chat reference transactions (included in reference transactions above)||1,150 transactions||Updated: FY16 data|
|Number of presentations||451 presentations||Updated: FY16 data|
|Total attendance at all presentations||9,767 people||Updated: FY16 data|
|Credit courses taught||7 sections||Updated: FY16 data|
|Total professional staff||26.5 FTE||Updated: ACRL FY15 data|
|All other paid staff (except student assistants)||20.0 FTE||Updated:ACRL FY15 data|
|Student assistants||13.5 FTE||Updated:ACRL FY15 data|
|TOTAL||61 FTE||Updated: ACRL FY15 data|
- Reference Database Usage Statistics from 2004-2005 to the latest year available can be found in the series Technical Services Reports and Statistics.
- Journal Usage Reports from 2010-2011 to the latest year available can be found in the series Technical Services Reports and Statistics.
- University of Rhode Island Libraries data from national library surveys conducted by the Association of College & Research Libraries (ACRL) and the National Center for Educational Statistics (NCES) can be found in the series University Libraries Reports and Statistics.
For comparisons with other libraries, please see the following publications:
American Library Association. Research and Statistics About Academic Libraries. Online. Available http://www.ala.org/research/librarystats/academic.
- Online (log in required)
- Includes ACRL survey data from 1998 to present and NCES data from 2000 to present.
- See also University Libraries Reports & Statistics, DigitalCommons@URI.
ACRL University Library Statistics, Chicago: Association of College and Research Libraries (biennial) at Serial Z675 .U5 A278
ARL Statistics, Washington: Association of Research Libraries (annual) at Serial Z675 .U5 A78. Also online at http://www.arl.org/stats/annualsurveys/arlstats/.
Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS), Washington: National Center for Educational Statistics (annual) at Govt. Pub. CD-ROM ED1.334/4:. Also online at http://nces.ed.gov/surveys/libraries/.
If you have any questions, please contact Karim Boughida, Dean, University Libraries, by telephone at (401) 874-4602 or by e-mail at email@example.com.