Local 528 – Council 94 – AFSCME

Roosevelt Hall Kingston, R.I. 02881

mmcdonalduri@gmail.com – Phone: 401-874-2100 Fax: 874-2538

URI
Think Big, We Do.
Rhode Island Seal

President’s messages

Brothers and Sisters,

On Friday March 27th the votes from Wednesday’s vote on proposed settlement agreement were tallied. The result was accept 1,231 reject 1,036 blank 3. The results were reported to Judge Taft-Carter and a hearing was held last week special, master Chief Justice Williams announced the outcome. In short that brings us to the present. The next step following what I believe to be a series of procedural court actions will be for the General Assembly to take up the issue.

I would like to extend my gratitude to VP John Rose, Local 528 Executive Board, President Downey, & Chief Justice Williams for their efforts, especially VP Rose for his handling of the process in my absence. In addition thank you for the civil, and respectful way in which we conducted ourselves throughout this difficult process. Once again the members of Local 528 proved themselves to be a class act.

In the coming weeks I am hopeful the necessary procedural steps will take place as well as appropriate legislative action finalizing this difficult process and allowing us to get back to the business of our Union.

As you are aware the Governor released her budget in early March and next week’s membership meeting will be our first opportunity to discuss. Currently budget hearings are on going in both the House & Senate.

As we are close to putting one challenge behind us others have or are beginning to emerge. I am confident our ability to stick together, our commitment and dedication to one another, and our deep desire to protect our way of life will serve us well dealing with current & future challenges.

I look forward to seeing everyone at the April membership meeting Tuesday the 14th 11:30AM MU Ballroom.

Wellness Incentive Credit #4

Membership meeting 4/14/2015

Additional information LOCAL 528 Web page

In Solidarity,

The University of Rhode Island
Think Big, We Do.
A-ZDirectoryContact UsJump to top