Local 528 – Council 94 – AFSCME

Roosevelt Hall Kingston, R.I. 02881

mmcdonalduri@gmail.com – Phone: 401-874-2100 Fax: 874-2538

URI
Think Big, We Do.
Rhode Island Seal

President’s messages

On Thu, Apr 10, 2014 :

Brothers and Sisters,

This afternoon at RI Council 94 headquarters we signed a tentative contract agreement. This begins the process of ratification.  Over the next several weeks we will be meeting to review the tentative agreement.  Following the informational meeting we will be commencing a ratification vote of the entire membership. If the vote is successful we will then have a contract. 

Over the next few days the terms of this tentative agreement will no doubt be all over print, and digital media. I urge you to please contact the Union Office with questions and remind you we will be getting together in the next couple of weeks to review the tentative agreement.

By next week the meeting schedule and voting schedule will be available to the members of Local 528 as well as additional pertinent  information.  I will do my very best to reach out to everyone using all the communication tools we have established including email, text messaging, mail, and our website.  In addition I along the leadership team will be making a point to reach out to everyone in the work place. 

Brothers and Sisters after this lengthy contract negotiation I look forward to coming together to discuss the merits and protections provided within this agreement and once again I thank you for your continued support and patience throughout this process.

Mike McDonald

The University of Rhode Island
Think Big, We Do.
A-ZDirectoryContact UsJump to top