When: Monday, November 23, 2015 3:45 – 5:15pm
Why: Since the 54 employees of Elmwood Medical Adult Day Health Care & Medical Transportation were certified by the NLRB as being represented by Teamsters Local 251, the Company has refused to recognize the Union. Additionally, the Company has ignored Federal Law by changing the terms of employment of workers directly, without bargaining with the Teamsters. We are calling on the Company to stop delaying and bargain with the negotiating committee empowered to speak for the workers.
- Charged with violating federal labor law, settled rather than face trial.
- Unavailable to negotiate, stalling.
- Dismissing a contract reflecting over 20 years of good labor relations with registered nurses.
- Arrogantly refusing to agree to the most basic of employee contract rights.
- Unfair pay rates. Newly hired employees paid far more than longer term employees.