- Lohman, B., J. Slyker, D. Mbori-Ngacha, R. Bosire, C. Farquhar, E. Obimbo, P. Otieno, R. Nduati, S. Rowland-Jones and G. John-Stewart. Prevalence and magnitude of HIV-1 specific lymphocyte responses in breast milk from HIV-1 seropositive women. J Infect Dis 2003, 188: 1666-1674.
- B. Lohman, J. Slyker, B. Richardson, C. Farquhar, J. Mabuka, C. Crudder, T. Dong, E. Obimbo, D. Mbori-Ngacha, J. Overbaugh, S. Rowland-Jones and G. John-Stewart. Longitudinal assessment of HIV-1-specific interferon-gamma responses during the first year of life in HIV-1 infected infants. J. Virol. 2005, 79: 8121-8130.
- Bosire, R., B. Guthrie, B. Lohman-Payne, J. Mabuka, M. Majiwa, G. Wariua, D. Mbori-Ngacha, B. Richardson, G. John-Stewart and C. Farquhar. Longitudinal comparison of chemokines in breastmilk early postpartum among HIV-1 infected and uninfected Kenyan women. Breastfeeding Med., 2007, 2: 129-138.
- Slyker, J., B. Lohman-Payne, S. Rowland-Jones, P. Otieno, E. Maleche-Obimbo, B. Richardson, C. Farquhar, D. Mbori-Ngacha, V. Emery and G. John-Stewart. The detection of cytomegalovirus DNA in maternal plasma is associated with mortality in HIV-1-infected women and their infants. AIDS 2009, 23: 117-124.
- John-Stewart, G., D. Mbori-Ngacha, B. Payne, C. Farquhar, B. Richardson, S. Emery, P. Otieno, E. Obimbo, T. Dong, J. Slyker, R. Nduati, J. Overbaugh and S. Rowland-Jones. HIV-1-specific cytotoxic T lymphocytes and breast milk HIV-1 transmission. J Infect Dis 2009,199: 889-898.
- Farquhar, C., D. Wamalwa, S. Selig, G. John-Stewart, J. Mabuka, M. Majiwa, W. Sutton, N. Haigwood, G. Wariua and B. Lohman-Payne. Immune responses to measles and tetanus vaccines among Kenyan HIV-1-infected children pre- and post-highly active antiretroviral therapy and re-vaccination. Ped Infect Dis 2009, 28: 295-299.
- Obimbo, E., D. Wamalwa, B. Richardson, D. Mbori-Ngacha, J. Overbaugh, S. Emery, P. Otieno, C. Farquhar, R. Bosire, B. Lohman-Payne and G. John-Stewart. Pediatric HIV-1 in Kenya: Pattern and correlates of viral load, and association with mortality. JAIDS 2009, 51: 209-215.
- Lohman-Payne, B., J Slyker, B. Richardson, C. Farquhar, M. Majiwa, E. Obimbo, D. Mbori-Ngacha, J. Overbaugh, S. Rowland-Jones and G. John-Stewart. Infants with late breast milk acquisition of HIV-1 generate interferon-gamma responses more rapidly than infants with early peripartum acquisition. Clin Exp Immunol 2009,156: 511-517.
- Slyker, J., B. Lohman-Payne, G. John-Stewart, E. Maleche-Obimbo, S. Emery, B. Richardson, T. Dong, A. Iverson, D. Mbori-Ngacha, J. Overbaugh, V. Emery and S. Rowland-Jones. Acute cytomegalovirus infection in Kenyan HIV-1 infected infants. AIDS 2009, 23: 2173-2181.
- Jonnalagadda, S., B. Lohman-Payne, E. Brown, D. Wamalwa, E. Maleche Obimbo, M. Majiwa, C. Farquhar, P. Otieno, D. Mbori-Ngacha and G. John-Stewart. Latent TB detection by interferon gamma release assay (IGRA) during pregnancy predicts active TB and mortality in HIV-1 infected women and their children. J Infect Dis 2010, 202: 1826-1835.
- Slyker, J., G. John-Stewart, T. Dong, B. Lohman-Payne, M. Reilly, A. Atzberger, S. Taylor, E. Maleche-Obimbo, D. Mbori-Ngacha and S. Rowland-Jones. Phenotypic characterization of HIV-specific CD8+ T cells during early and chronic infant HIV-1 infection. PLoS ONE. 2011, 6: e20375. PMID 21655252.
- Farquhar, C., B. Lohman-Payne, J. Overbaugh, B. Richardson, J. Mabuika, R. Bosire, D. Mbori-Ngacha and G. John-Stewart. Breastmilk HIV-1 RNA levels and female infant gender are associated with HIV-1 specific CD8+ T cell responses in HIV-1 exposed, uninfected infants in Kenya. J Infect Dis 2011, 204: 1806-1810.
- Slyker, J., S. Rowland-Jones, T. Dong, M. Reilly, B. Richardson, V. Emery, A. Atzberger, D. Mbori-Ngacha, B. Lohman-Payne and G. John-Stewart Acute cytomegalovirus infection is associated with increased frequencies of activated and apoptotic-vulnerable T cells in HIV-1 infected infants. J. Virol, 2012, 86: 11373-11379.
- Lohman-Payne, B, J Slyker, S Moore, E Maleche-Obimbo, D Wamalwa, B Richardon, S Rowland-Jones, D Mbori-Ngacha, J Overbaugh, and G John-Stewart. Breastmilk cellular HIV-1 specific interferon-gamma responses are associated with protection from early breastmilk HIV-1 transmission. AIDS 2012, 26: 2007-2016.
- Guthrie, B., B. Lohman-Payne, P. Kingara, A. Kariuki, V. Nuvor, A. Rositch, A. Gatuguta, L. Manyara, R. Choi, R. Bosire and C. Farquhar. Prevalence of HIV-1 specific IFN-γ responses detected by overlapping peptide pools is similar in HIV-1 exposed seronegative and HIV-1 unexposed individuals. Clin. Vacc. Immunol. 2012,19:1798-1805.
Copyright © 2017 University of Rhode Island.