44 Broad Street | Westerly, RI 02891
Wilcox Park is 7 acres located in the heart of Westerly’s business district. It is owned and maintained by the Memorial and Library Association. Westerly Public Library and Wilcox Park are located at 44 Broad Street, Westerly, RI 02891. This project has three parts:
- To renovate and maintain the four native plant demonstration gardens in Wilcox Park, while educating the public on the benefits and beauty of using native plants in their own landscapes.
- To renovate and maintain the rain garden in Wilcox Park and educate the public on the benefits.
- To conduct docent tours which will include Native Plant Demo Gardens, Rain Garden and the Park’s 8 RI Champion Trees.
In addition, there is a Master Gardener kiosk in Wilcox Park on a monthly basis and provide free soil tests. These will occur the 2nd Saturday of every month June – October. Additional monthly kiosks are at the Westerly Farmer’s Market the third Thursday of the month, from 10:00 AM to 1:00 PM; and at the Charlestown Farmer’s Market on the last Friday of the month, from 9:30 AM to 1:00 PM.
- 5/1/2017 6:00 PM Westerly Public Library Coastal Lawn Care
- 10/10/2017 6:00 PM Westerly Public Library How to read your soil report
- 11/13/2017 6:00 PM Westerly Public Library Controlling Wildlife in the Garden and Landscape
- 5/13, 6/10, 7/8, 8/12, 9/9, 10/14 10:00 AM Wilcox Park Specimen Trees of Wilcox
- 6/24, 7/22, 8/26, 9/23, 10/28 10:00 AM Wilcox Park Native Gardens of Wilcox Park