Job Listings at URI
Department of Communications/News Bureau Design assistant, Web and print publications
Mentored by professional staff, the chosen candidate will develop Web pages and printed pieces that are distributed to members of the University community, alumni, and leaders in business and government.
- Assist with the development of and maintenance of Web pages for the Department of Communications/News Bureau and related projects (e.g., help to create web pages, print and electronic brochures, invitations, etc.)
- Assist in the creation and implementation of web-based surveys.
- Help address HTML and scripting compatibility issues between different browsers and computing platforms.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- General publishing skills and knowledge of design and multimedia software such as: Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Adobe GoLive, Dreamweaver or Frontpage.
- Web development and database skills are a plus, but not required.
- Strong attention to detail required.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Positive attitude, professionalism and desire to learn.
If you are interested in applying, contact
University of Rhode Island
Department of Communications/News Bureau
Job Opening at Career Services
Career Services is seeking to hire two undergraduate student employees for spring semester.
We are especially interested in interviewing candidates who would contribute to the diversity of our student employee staff.We are looking for students with strong customer service skills, computer literate, organized and detail oriented. Work study preferred. We need to fill hours from 9am – 1am Tues & Thurs and 11am – 1pm on MWF. Duties would be to greet and assist student visitors, perform general office duties and assist with career events.
Interested students must submit a resume through the URI Career Services BEACON system. The job listing number is 102620513. Students may search on that number or on keyword Career Services. For questions, please contact Carolyn Thomas, Assistant Director, at x45250 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your assistance in helping us identify appropriate student candidates. We will be reviewing applications immediately until the positions are filled.