- Professor of Music
- Department of Music
- Phone: 401.874.2794
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mailing Address: Department of Music
Fine Arts Center, D104
105 Upper College Road
Kingston, RI 02881
Elaine Aberdam was born in France, where she received her early education in piano, solfege, and harmony at the Conservatoire National de Region in Grenoble. She is a prolific and diverse composer whose compositions have been premiered in Szombathely, Hungary, France, Israel and throughout the U.S.
Formerly a graduate assistant at the University of California at Berkeley, the University of Northern Iowa, the Rubin Academy High School and Middle School in Jerusalem (Israel) and the Beth-Rivkah College in Paris, she studied electronic music at IRCAM (Institut de Recherche et Coordination Acoustique-musique, Paris) and has received commissions for chamber ensemble, symphony orchestra and theater productions in the U.S and Europe.
Recipient of international composition and musician in residence awards, Ms. Aberdam is a strong advocate of musical and cultural diversity who presents music literature from both a compositional and historical perspective.
- Doctor of Philosophy in music composition, University of California at Berkeley
- Master of Arts in music, University of Pennsylvania at Philadelphia
- Bachelor of Arts in music, Rubin Academy of Music and Dance in Jerusalem, Israel
Coordinator, composition and theory
Modern era music history
Musical form and analysis
Choral arranging, instrumentation and orchestration