Welcome URI FAMILIES!
The family orientation is a 2-day experience that will not only provide you with valuable information and understanding of the URI community, but is also a chance to show us your Rhody Pride! The family program is separate from the student program, but occurs at the same time over the 2-days. The cost of family orientation is $35/person and includes materials and lunch on both days. Family members can be added to the student’s registration, which can be found here.
Draft of schedule: Below is a draft of the family orientation schedule (subject to change):
Accommodations for family: For information about on-campus and off-campus overnight accommodations for family, please visit this website: http://web.uri.edu/newstudent/accommodations/
Below are our 2016 first-year student orientation dates:
Session 1: June 6-7 (Monday-Tuesday)
Session 2: June 9-10 (Thursday-Friday)
Session 3: June 13-14 (Monday-Tuesday)
Session 4: June 16-17 (Thursday-Friday)
Session 5: June 20-21 (Monday-Tuesday)
Session 6: June 23-24 (Thursday-Friday)
Session 7: June 27-28 (Monday-Tuesday)
Session 8: June 30-July 1 (Thursday-Friday)
The Family Orientation Advantage:
- Academic Insight: discuss URI curriculum, meet with your student’s academic dean, interact with faculty, and even experience a real URI course.
- Presentations: attend presentations that are specifically designed for freshman student families.
- Campus Resources and Services: discover and meet with numerous URI services and resources. Learn about housing and residence life, dining, financial aid, student involvement and many more!
- Transitioning Your Family to URI: learn new skills, resources, and tools to assist you with the transition to URI
- Local Community: explore and enjoy our beautiful South County community. We’ll help you discover the perfect after orientation activity or restaurant for dinner!