New Student Checklist:
- New Student Checklist: Review this checklist, and make sure your student is ready for the fall!
The Family Orientation Advantage:
- Academic Insight: discuss URI curriculum, meet with your student’s academic dean, interact with faculty, and even experience a real URI course.
- Beneficial Workshops: participate in workshops and discussions that are specifically designed for freshman student families.
- Campus Resources and Services: discover and meet with numerous URI services and resources. Learn about housing, dining, financial aid, student involvement and many more!
- Transitioning Your Family to URI: learn new skills, resources, and tools to assist you with the transition to URI
- Local Community: explore and enjoy our beautiful South County community. We’ll help you discover the perfect after orientation activity or restaurant for dinner!
The family orientation is a 2-day experience that will not only provide you with valuable information and understanding of the URI community but also a chance to show us your Rhody Pride!
Please note: This is only a sample schedule. Upon check-in, we will provide you with a detailed schedule for your session.
Family Orientation costs $35 per person. This will cover program materials, continental breakfast, and 2 lunches. Payment can be made electronically when registering. Overnight accommodations are not included. However, we have negotiated many options for you. Click here for accommodation information.
Please follow these directions to our Kingston Campus. We hope to see you soon!
What to Bring:
- Any questions you may want to ask URI faculty and staff
- Writing utensil, notebook, or other means for taking notes
- Comfortable clothes and shoes: we will be exploring campus!
(If you require assistance getting around campus, please call 401.874.5927)
- Prepare for inclement weather (i.e. umbrella, rain jacket, etc.)
Please note: After checking in, students and families will not meet again until checkout, which occurs at 4pm on Day 2, so please pack separate bags.