Welcome URI FAMILIES!
If your family will be joining the URI community in 2016, check back for orientation updates!
The family orientation is a 2-day experience that will not only provide you with valuable information and understanding of the URI community but also a chance to show us your Rhody Pride! The family program is separate from the student program, but occurs at the same time over the 2-days.
The Family Orientation Advantage:
- Academic Insight: discuss URI curriculum, meet with your student’s academic dean, interact with faculty, and even experience a real URI course.
- Beneficial Workshops: participate in workshops and discussions that are specifically designed for freshman student families.
- Campus Resources and Services: discover and meet with numerous URI services and resources. Learn about housing, dining, financial aid, student involvement and many more!
- Transitioning Your Family to URI: learn new skills, resources, and tools to assist you with the transition to URI
- Local Community: explore and enjoy our beautiful South County community. We’ll help you discover the perfect after orientation activity or restaurant for dinner!