Beginning in March and once URI receives your enrollment deposit, you will receive information in the mail about our June transfer student orientation. The date for this year’s transfer student orientation is Wednesday, June 17th, 2015.
In a brief orientation program, family members of transfer students (24+ transferable credits) will have a chance to meet with Dr. Jayne Richmond- Dean of University College for academic success, attend a workshop on University services, and have lunch in a University dining facility. The cost is $10 per family member. This will cover program materials and lunch. Payment can be made electronically when registering. Overnight accommodations are not included.
What to Bring:
- Any questions you may want to ask URI faculty and staff
- Writing utensil, notebook, or another means for taking notes
- Comfortable clothes and shoes: we will be exploring campus! (If you require assistance getting around campus, please call 401.874.5927)
- Prepare for inclement weather (i.e. umbrella, rain jacket, etc.)
Housing Options for Transfer Students
- URI Housing and Residential Life: Click here to find out about on-campus residence hall availability.
- Alternative Campus Housing
- Commuter Housing