Welcome to the University of Rhode Island
Academic Advising and Course Registration: Contact your academic college and/or the Department Chair of your academic major to discuss course registration. Contact information for each academic college is provided below:
- University College for Academic Success (UCAS) – Undeclared: Contact UCAS at 401-874-2993.
- College of Arts and Sciences: Use this document to find contact information for the Department Chair of your academic major: Arts and Sciences Chairs List
- College of Business Administration: If you have 60 credits or less make an appointment with Kathy Bowser at 401-874-2993; If you have more than 60 credits, contact Laurie Bouthillier at 401-874-2338.
- College of the Environment and Life Sciences (CELS): Use this document to find the academic advising contact person for your academic major: CELS Academic Year Advisor Contacts
- College of Engineering: Contact the College of Engineering at 401-874-5985.
- College of Human Science and Services: Use this document to find contact information for the Department Chair of your academic major Human Science and Services Department Chair List
- College of Nursing: Use this document to find an advising contact: Nursing Advising Contacts
- College of Pharmacy: Contact the College of Pharmacy at 401-874-5842
Important Information for Transfer Students
Transfer Student Checklist: Review this checklist, and make sure you are ready for the fall!
Math Placement: All new transfer students must take a math placement exam.
Social Media: Connect with us on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook!
Transfer Families: Learn about our popular family orientation program
Frequently Asked Questions: Answers to frequently asked questions
Directions: Don’t get lost, we want to see you in Kingston
Books and Computers: URI Bookstore and RAM Computer Store
University College Advising: Visit here to learn about academic advising at URI
Center for Career and Experiential Education: Explore URI’s internship and career preparation opportunities
Disability Services for Students (DSS): For support to achieve academic success
Honors Program: Offers learning enrichment opportunities that will broaden and enhance your undergraduate educational experience