Welcome to the University of Rhode Island
Students with less than 24 transfer credits: You must register for a 2-day orientation session. Information can be found here.
Students with 24 or more transfer credits: You have two options for academic advising:
OPTION 1. Attend Transfer Student Orientation on June 18, 2014. You can register here. Contact New Student Programs at 401-874-9529 with any questions.
OPTION 2. Contact your academic college and/or the Department Chair of your academic major to discuss course registration. Information for each academic college is provided below.
- University College – Undeclared: Contact University College at 401-874-2993.
- College of Arts and Sciences: Use this document to find contact information for the Department Chair of your academic major: Arts and Sciences Department Chairs
- College of Business Administration: If you have 60 credits or less make an appointment with Kathy Bowser at 401-874-2993; If you have more than 60 credits, contact Laurie Bouthillier at 401-874-2338.
- College of the Environment and Life Sciences (CELS): Use this document to find contact information for the Department Chair of your academic major: CELS Department Chairs
- College of Engineering: Contact the College of Engineering at 401-874-5985.
- College of Human Science and Services: Use this document to find contact information for the Department Chair of your academic major Human Science and Services Department Chairs
- College of Nursing: Contact the College of Nursing at 401-874-2766.
- College of Pharmacy: Contact the College of Pharmacy at t 401-874-5842.
Important Information for Transfer Students
Social Media: Connect with us on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook!
Transfer Families: Learn about our popular family orientation program
Frequently Asked Questions: Answers to frequently asked questions
Directions: Don’t get lost, we want to see you in Kingston
Books and Computers: URI Bookstore and RAM Computer Store
University College Advising: Visit here to learn about academic advising at URI
Center for Career and Experiential Education: Explore URI’s internship and career preparation opportunities
Disability Services for Students (DSS): For support to achieve academic success
Honors Program: Offers learning enrichment opportunities that will broaden and enhance your undergraduate educational experience