Rhody Readers Team Fall 2017

Kendra Racine

Hello! My name is Kendra Racine and I’m a junior at the University of Rhode Island and an elementary education major. I hope to one day be a teacher! I have been a member of Jumpstart and Rhody Readers and love working with kids. I’m from North Kingstown and have two dogs. I’m so glad to be the team leader of the program this year and eager to work with the children as they get ready to read and write.

Julie Gonzalez

Hola, my name is Julie Gonzalez. I am a sophomore at URI majoring in Psychology. I am very excited to work with Rhody Readers in Robertson School because I love working with children. I grew up in CF and giving back to my community is something I look forward to. I’m fluent in Spanish, and I know that most of the students here also speak Spanish and I am delighted to be able to make communicating easier for them.

Nicole Kenneally

Hi! I’m Nicole Kenneally. I’m 20 years old. I’m a junior at URI majoring in Elementary Education. This is my first year working with the Rhody Readers, and I’m very excited to work with the students here every Friday. I can’t wait to help them on their path to becoming bookworms like me!

Sarah Lefoley

My name is Sarah Lefoley. I am a senior at URI, and I am a wildlife conservation biology major. I hope to be an environmental science teacher one day. This is my first year working with the Rhody Readers. I am looking forward to working with the students.

Jennifer Pietrantonio

My name is Jennifer Pietrantonio. I am a senior, majoring in Psychology. I am currently attending URI and am thinking of one day becoming a School Psychologist. I am so grateful for this opportunity to work with the students of Central Falls! I look forward to working with the Rhody Reader children for a second year and having so much fun each Friday!

Erin Sheehan

Hi! My name is Erin Sheehan and I am 22 years old. I am a junior at URI, double majoring in English and Psychology. I love music, writing, and working with people. I’m especially delighted to come back to Robertson School for a second year and meet a new group of wonderful Kindergarten children. I’m happy to support them as they get ready to read.

Sebastian Wilson

Hello! My name is Sebastian Wilson. I am a Psychology and Criminology major at URI. My dream is to become a forensic psychologist, but I also love working with children and helping them learn. I have taught in Jumpstart and was part of the Rhody Reader team last year! I enjoy helping young children and can’t wait to see how everyone learns letters, sounds, and words!

Kay Bueno de Mesquita

¡Hola Central Falls! I’m Kay Bueno de Mesquita and I’ve taught in the URI School of Education for the past 21 years. I’ve enjoyed spending time with the Robertson children, their teachers, and their parents for the past five years. It’s a joy to see the students develop readiness skills to become good readers and writers.