Sabrina Schores ’15

Sabrina Schores

• Hometown: Stoneham, Massachusetts

When her family needed extensive medical care, Sabrina was introduced at a very young age to the knowledge and care that nurses offer their patients daily. She decided then that she wanted to pay that care forward to her own patients one day, and that day has come. She chose URI for the strong reputation we’ve developed through our work with local hospitals and healthcare facilities, plus clinical experiences and classes that made her feel “URI was going to offer me an optimal educational experience compared to others.”

Sabrina says she learns best visually and by doing hands-on work. She’s gotten plenty of both in strong labs that correspond with lecture courses and clinical settings that have allowed her to put theory to practice and “broadened my knowledge of the nursing world greatly,” she says. “URI starts clinical experience during our sophomore year, as opposed to some schools that start during junior year. The multiple tools used during lab hours and the extensive number of open lab hours available are things I didn’t expect. These allow for extra practice and the most productive classes. URI has prepared me to be self-sufficient when it comes to caring for my patients, to handle difficult situations on my own. I think my peers would say the same.”