Kimberly Drucker ’15

Kimberly Drucker

• Hometown: Attleboro, Massachusetts

Just because the human body is so darned fascinating. That’s what attracted Kimberly to a career in nursing. It was URI’s combination of big and small that attracted her to pursue her nursing education here.

First, “even though the campus is in a rural/suburban area, the clinicals are mostly done in a city. I love that I get aspects of both worlds at one university,” she said. And second, “I love that I can walk around a big campus and see familiar faces everywhere,” she said.

What has surprised her most, however, is that that same intimacy applies to her interactions with her professors too. She didn’t expect professors to be so approachable, so willing to respond to emails and answer questions, and so interested in seeing her succeed in nursing.

Kimberly’s not sure where she wants to specialize – some days it’s emergency room and trauma, and other days it’s gerontology. Good thing that at URI, she’s welcome to change her mind as often as she wants to. In fact, she says she’s most excited about all the changes that are coming to the health care in the U.S. and that no matter how she uses her nursing degree, she’s “happy to be a part of what will improve our helath care system and ultimately the health of our country.”