Blended Teaching and Learning Initiative
The Office for the Advancement of Teaching and Learning, with the support of the Provost’s Office, is excited to announce a new Blended Course Initiative!
We are offering a 4-week Blended Teaching and Learning Course (beginning February 5) that will cover the challenges and benefits of blending, blended learning models, assessment, and more. At the end of the course, participants will have completed the basics of their course site, as well as their entire course plan/map, so that their course will be ready to offer in Fall 2018.
Requirements: We are seeking faculty teaching 2x per week courses with a maximum enrollment of 45 students, with first priority given to faculty who attended the Katie Linder workshop at RWU. Participants must have the approval of their department chair. Please see below for participant expectations and a timeline of events.
Applications are due by November 1, 2017 to allow for the listing of courses as Blended on ecampus for fall 2018.
We have 20 spots available. Faculty chosen to participate will earn a stipend of $500
- Participate in 2-3 face to face meetings and complete online assignments/discussions.
- Blend a course, 50%, in order to free up a classroom one day per week.
- Offer the course, Fall 2018.
- After offering the course, respond to ATL survey regarding the experience (possible SOTL projects — we welcome and encourage data collection!)
- Share your knowledge with colleagues!
Timeline of events:
- 11/01/17: Applications due so that space/ecampus can be updated.
- 2/5/18: Blended Teaching and Learning course begins.
- 3/19/18: Final course reviews (ATL/Online Education).
- 4/6/18: Presentation of blended courses at ATL Showcase.
- 9/5/18: Blended courses launch.