Syllabus Self-Assessment Checklist
- Faculty Senate and Departmental Curriculum Committees are using this rubric to evaluate online courses. We strongly suggest you refer to it as you develop your online or blended syllabus.
Online Course Approval (Undergraduate):
- New courses employing Faculty Senate defined online or blended online instruction and existing courses proposing an online version must follow the Faculty Senate Approval Process.
- Course Proposal Forms
Online Course Approval (Graduate):
- Graduate courses must be approved by the Grad Council. To propose a new online course or an online version of an existing course faculty can use the forms found at the bottom of the graduate school forms page.
To access Sakai (the Learning Management System used by URI):
- The instructor must have a login ID (employee ID or eCampus ID) and a password.
- The department must request that they be entered as the instructor of record.
- If a “potential” instructor needs access to Sakai to develop a course for approval, the department should create the course as a “project” and provide access to the instructor. This project can later be made into an official course site.
- Replacing an Instructor: If you are replacing an instructor who has a course prepared in Sakai, please DO NOT, modify their course. Doing so may delete materials that they need. Instead copy the course to another course shell, and then modify it.