TEMPORARY STUDENT PARKING PASSES
Students who have a vehicle on campus infrequently may purchase a temporary parking pass online. Temporary passes allow students to park in any student parking lot on campus.
- 1-day temporary pass: $6.00
- 7-day temporary pass: $30.00
- 30-day temporary pass: $90.00
Go to The Permit Store, and follow the prompts through the ordering process. One day passes will be available to print immediately. 7 day – 30 day passes will be approved by Parking Services and an email will be sent to you as soon as the temporary pass is ready to be printed out.
For questions about temporary passes, please call 401-874-9281.
Student Parking Permit Annual Fees
- Purchase your Student Parking Permit online through The Permit Store website. Permits are not sold in our office.
- Permits cannot be purchased for one semester.
- Resale or transfer of permits is not allowed and will be subject to criminal or student judicial action.
Important Address Information:
- Be sure to use the mailing address where you live at the time of your order. Permits mailed to a future address (i.e. September off-campus rental) may become lost in the mail. If you are renting off-campus, inform the town’s post office (i.e. Narragansett Post Office) that you are a new resident at that address or the mail could be undeliverable.
Sample On-Campus Resident Student Mailing Address:
50 Lower College Road Unit #_____
Kingston, RI 02881
Note: Permit orders displaying only a Dorm and/or room number for a mailing address will not be delivered by the post office.
Returning Students: Be sure to update your mailing address. Permits not received due to an invalid mailing address will incur a replacement fee of $50.00.
To purchase your student parking permit follow the instructions below.
How to Purchase Your Student Parking Permit
- To order your permit online log into The Permit Store.
- Create an account or log into last year’s account. The password must be at least 7 characters and contain at least one number. (It is important to remember your username and password as you will keep your vehicle information and any other personal information updated at all times in this account.)
- Complete all information fields and continue through the ordering process as instructed.
- At the end of your order, print your receipt for your financial records.
- Next, print your temporary permit by clicking on the link: “Print Temporary Permit” which is found on your receipt. Place your temporary permit on your dashboard and that will hold you over until your hangtag arrives in the mail.
NOTE: If there is no link on your receipt which says “Print Temporary Permit”, your permit order has gone into a manual approval process and will take up to 48 hours to be approved. If this is the case, please place your receipt on your dashboard. You will receive an email when your order is approved and at that time you can sign back into your account and print out your temporary permit to place on your dashboard until your permit arrives in the mail.
Approximately 2 -3 weeks after your order is placed you will receive a permit decal in the mail. Instructions will be enclosed with the decal advising you to activate your permit in the account that you started online at The Permit Store and to affix the decal to the passenger-side lower corner of the front windshield.