The Peace Corps Prep (PC Prep) program is designed to prepare you for international development field work, careers in international service, and Peace Corps service. As part of your undergraduate curriculum, the PC Prep program pairs selected courses with leadership and community service to help prepare you for global service work.
The program is open to all undergraduate students with any major at URI. When you graduate, you will receive an official Certificate of Completion from the Peace Corps. This means you’ll have a competitive edge when applying either to be a Peace Corps volunteer, or for other international development work.
Why Peace Corps Prep?
As a member of the URI Peace Corps Prep Program, you will:
- Gain training and experience in the one of the following work sectors:
- Develop foreign language skills
- Expand intercultural competence
- Engage in professional and leadership development
- Enhance your resume for future international work