The College of Pharmacy provides its students with a full range of resources to complement and support their academic studies. For further information or questions about any of the information listed below, contact the Office of Student and Academic Affairs.
It is the responsibility of each student at the University of Rhode Island to meet all their course and credit requirements. Throughout their enrollment, students are encouraged to seek the assistance of academic advising that is available to them.
PHARM.D. PROGRAM ADVISING
Pharm.D. Academic Advisors:
- Denise Gorenski, coordinator of College of Pharmacy Student and Academic Affairs
- Dr. Kelly Orr, clinical professor and director of College of Pharmacy Student and Academic Affairs
- Rita Marcoux, clinical associate professor and director of the the Pharmacy Outreach Program
From Freshman Orientation through the first two years of the six-year PharmD program, students meet at University College with their academic advisor. Students are encouraged to schedule an advising appointment prior to course registration each semester and if they have particular questions about course requirements.
At the beginning of their P1 year, PharmD students are assigned a professional mentor from the College of Pharmacy faculty.
B.S.P.S. PROGRAM ADVISING
B.S.P.S. Academic Advisor: Dr. Roberta King, associate professor, College of Pharmacy
For the first two years of their academic programs, BSPS students meet at University College with their academic advisor, and at the College of Pharmacy for their junior and senior years. Students are encouraged to schedule an advising appointment prior to course registration each semester and if they have particular questions about course requirements.
College of Pharmacy Student Policies and Forms
- Complaints Policy
- Appeals Process
- Attendance Policy
- Professionalism Guidelines
- Intent to Graduate Form
- Student Travel Policy
For Pharm.D. Students
- Pharm.D. Manuals and Handbooks
- Pharm.D. Annual Pledge
- Professional Electives
- Technical Standards
- HIPAA Training (Usernames and passwords will be distributed by the Experiential Education Office)