Please call 401.874.2006 to schedule an appointment.
Pre Visit Forms to print and bring to your first visit.
University Physical Therapy
University Physical Therapy is a full-time outpatient clinic available to patients from the University and local community. The clinic is conveniently located in the Independence Square building.
Services provided at the clinic include:
- evaluation and treatment of orthopedic and neurologic conditions,
- ergonomic work-station evaluations,
- work conditioning,
- return to sport programs, and
- prevention/wellness group exercise classes for at risk clients.
The clinic is staffed by licensed Physical Therapy Department faculty with advanced training in orthopedic and neurologic rehabilitation. Students are involved in the clinic in both voluntary and formal classroom-related experiences.
The clinic participates with most insurance program, except Medicare and Medicaid.
University Physical Therapy is equipped with state-of-the-art rehabilitation tools, including but not limited to:
- Isotonic, free-weight and Isokinetic strengthening and testing devices
- Balance Master
- Work simulation equipment
- Simi 2D motion analysis
- GaitRite analysis of walking
- EMG biofeedback
- Cardiovascular equipment
- Electrical, thermal and cryotheraputic modalities
- Real-time Ultrasound