- Assistant Professor
- Room 314
- Phone: 401.874.9090
- Fax: 401.874.2380
- Email: email@example.com
- Mailing Address: 2 Lippitt Rd., East Hall, Room 314
Department of Physics, URI
Kingston, RI 02881
2013-current: Assistant Professor, Department of Physics, University of Rhode Island, Kingston, RI
2006-2013: Assistant Professor, Department of Physics, West Virginia University, Morgantown, WV
2004-2006: Research Scientist, Harvard University, Cambridge, MA
2000-2003: Member of Technical Staff, Lucent Technologies, Inc.
1999-2000: Senior Laser Physicist, INRAD, Inc.
1996-1999: Postdoctoral Research Associate, Department of Electrical Engineering, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY
1994-1996: Charge de Recherche, Laboratoire de Optique Quantique, Ecole Polytechnique, Palaiseau, France
- Ultrafast spectroscopy and nonlinear optics of two-dimensional structures.
- Nonlinear optical and spectroscopic imaging for bio-medical and biophysics applications.
- Few-optical-cycle pulses and arbitrary waveforms.
- 1994-1996: Charge de Recherche, Laboratoire de Optique Quantique, Ecole Polytechnique, Palaiseau, France
- 1988-1993: Gradate Research Assistant, Department of Physics, M.V. Lomonosov Moscow State University, Moscow, Russia.
- 1991: Ph.D. in Physics of Quantum Electronics, Department of Physics, R.V. Khokhlov Nonlinear Optics Institute, M.V. Lomonosov Moscow State University, Moscow, Russia
- 1987: MS (physics) Department of Physics, M.V. Lomonosov Moscow State University, Moscow, Russia
- Vogel, A. Wingert, R. Fink, C. Hagl, F. Ganikhanov, C. Pfeffer,(2015) Enabling the detection of UV signal in multimodal nonlinear microscopy with catalogue lens components. Journal of Microscopy 260, 62-72 (2015)
- S.Yang and F.Ganikhanov, Dispersion of the resonant nonlinear optical susceptibility obtained with femtosecond time-domain Coherent Anti-Stokes Raman Scattering. Opt. Lett. 38, 4754-4757 (2013)
- S.Yang, S.Adhikari, L. Zhang, R.Wysolmerski, G, Spirou, and F. Ganikhanov, Multi-color ultrafast laser platform for nonlinear optical imaging based on independently tunable optical parametric oscillators. Appl. Phys B: Lasers and Optics 111, 617-625 (2013)
- S.Yang, S.Adkhikari, M.Dobbala, and F.Ganikhanov, Ultrafast decay of high-frequency optical phonon mode in KTiOPO4. Appl. Phys. Lett. 99, 221903 (2011)
- S.Yang, R.Wysolmerski, and F. Ganikhanov, Three-dimensional nonlinear microspectrsoscopy and imaging of soft condensed matter. Opt. Lett. 36, 3849-3851 (2011)
- C.P. Pfeffer, B.R. Olsen, F. Ganikhanov and F. Légaré. Imaging Skeletal Muscle using Second Harmonic Generation and Coherent anti-Stokes Raman Scattering Microscopy. Biomed. Optics Express, 2, 1366-1376 (2011)
- K.Bhupathiraju, A.Seymour, F.Ganikhanov. Femtosecond optical parametric oscillator based on periodically poled LiTaO3 crystal. Opt. Lett. 34, 2092-94 (2009).
- Pfeffer CP, Olsen BR, Ganikhanov F, Legare, F. Multimodal nonlinear optical imaging of collagen arrays. J. Struct. Biol. 164, 140-145 (2008).
- F.Ganikhanov, S. Carrasco, Sunney X. Xie, W. Seitz, and D. Kopf,. Broadly tunable dual-wavelength light source for coherent anti-Stokes Raman scattering microscopy Opt. Lett. 31, 1872-74 (2006)
- F.Ganikhanov, C.L. Evans, and Sunney X. Xie, High-sensitivity vibrational imaging with frequency modulation coherent anti-Stokes Raman scattering (FM CARS) microscopy. Opt. Lett. 31, 1292-94 (2006)
Awards and Honors:
2010: NSF CAREER award