- Adjunct Associate Professor, Co-director of Medical Physics Program at RIH
- Phone: 401.444.4093
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mailing Address: Department of Radiation Oncology,Rhode Island Hospital
593 Eddy St, Providence, RI 02903
present : Medical Physicist-in-Chief, Rhode Island Hospital
present: Assistant Director, RIH Medical Physics Residency Program
present : Adjunct Associate Professor of Physics, University of Rhode Island
2013-2014 : Director of Clinical Medical Physics & Dosimetry | UNC Health Care
2012-2014 : Clinical Assistant Professor, School of Medicine, University of North Carolina – Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC, USA
2008-2013 : Adjunct Assistant Professor, Department Physics & Astronomy, Medical Physics Program, Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, LA, USA
2010-2013 : Clinical Assistant Professor, School of Medicine, Louisiana State University Health Science Center, New Orleans, LA, USA
– Medical Physics (concentration in Brachytherapy)
– Monte Carlo simulations of radioactive sources and delivery systems
– Clinical efficiency in Radiation Oncology
2011 Diplomat, American Board of Radiology, Therapeutic Medical Physics
2008 Ph.D., Medical Physics, University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Center
2004 M.S., Medical Physics, University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Center
2000 B.S., Physics, Temple University, Philadelphia, PA
- Carver RL, Hogstrom KR, Price MJ, LeBlanc JD, Pitcher GM, “Real time simulator for designing electron dual scattering foil systems,” Journal of Applied Clinical Medical Physics, 15(6) (2014).
- Mikel JK, Klopp AH, Price MJ, Mourtada F, “Commissioning of a grid-based Boltzmann solver for cervicalcancer brachytherapy treatment planning with shielded colpostats,” Brachytherapy, 12(6):645-53, (2013).
- Mikel JK, Klopp AH, Gonzalez GM, Kisling KD, Price MJ, Bertner PA, Mourtada F, “Impact of heterogeneitybased dose calculation using a deterministic grid-based Boltzman equation solver for intracavitary brachytherapy.”International Journal of Radiation Oncology Biology Physics, 83(3), (2012).
- Fontenot JD, King ML, Johnson SA, Wood CG, Price MJ, Lo KK, “Single-arc volumetric modulated arc therapy can provide dose distributions equivalent to fixed-beam intensity modulated radiation therapy for prostatic irradiation with seminal vesicle and/or lymph node involvement.” The British Journal of Radiology, 85(1011),(2012).
- Eley JG, Hogstrom KR, Mathews K, Parker BC, Price MJ, “Potential of discrete Gaussian edge feathering method for improving abutment dosimetry in eMLC-delivered segmented-field electron conformal therapy,”Medical Physics, 38(12), (2011).
- Price MJ, Kry SF, Eifel PJ, Salehpour M, Mourtada F, “Dosimetric perturbation due to the polysulfone cap surrounding a Fletcher-Williamson colpostat”, Journal of Applied Clinical Medical Physics, 11(1), (2010).
- Price MJ, Jackson EF, Gifford KA, Eifel PJ, Mourtada F, “Development of prototype shielded cervical intracavitary brachytherapy applicators compatible with CT and MR imaging”, Medical Physics, 36(12),(2009).
- Price MJ, Gifford KA, Horton JL, Eifel PJ, Gillin MT, Lawyer AA, Mourtada F, “Monte Carlo model for a prototype CT-compatible, anatomically adaptive, shielded intracavitary brachytherapy applicator for the treatment of cervical cancer”, Medical Physics, 36(9), (2009).