Biotechnology Professional Development & Advancement (BPDA), located in the heart of the New England Region at the URI Providence Biotechnology Center, is proud to present short-course lectures and hands-on workshops on the entire spectrum of critical unit operations in upstream and downstream processing. These non-credit workshops are for technical professionals with a prior BS, MS or Professional Engineers’ (PE) license and non-technical professionals working in the BioPharmaceutical industry. The workshops appeal to a wide range of professionals in the field, including:
- If you are a Non-Technical employee in Finance, Sales, Marketing, Logistics, Maintenance, and/or General Administration, then these workshops will give you a ‘taste’ of the complex technology used to produce a BioPharmaceutical Drug product;
- If you are a Technical employee new to the BioPharmaceutical Industry, or want to gain a better understanding of the industry’s technology, then these workshops will align your knowledge with others in the field;
- If you are a Technical employee of the BioPharmaceutical Industry with an understanding of the field, then these workshops will help to refresh and refine your knowledge of the industry’s technology.
This program is taught by some of the Northeast’s leading experts drawn from industry, research, private practice and regulatory groups, all with over twenty (20) years of professional applications’ experience. The latest commercial equipment is available for hands-on training for each specialized operation. The workshops are the only of their kind – from start to finish, they are three to four day workshops with lecture and break-out laboratory sessions. The workshops also provide a great opportunity to network with and learn from other workshop participants.
Please click on the links below for more information on how URI’s BPDA Program can advance your professional expertise in BioPharmaceutical Manufacturing….
Introduction to BioPharmaceutical ManufacturingStudent Testimonials
Custom Tailored On-Site Program
In addition to short courses (lectures and workshops) at the URI Feinstein Providence Campus, the program is also able to work with companies to bring lecture programs directly to their facilities. The program boasts an impressive clientele with industry powerhouses such as Amgen, Merck, Cambrex, Stryker and Wyeth, to name a few. The BPDA at URI offers a highly specialized program that will effectively train new hires as well as refine the technical knowledge of experienced personnel.
Cancellation by Registrant
To cancel a registration and be eligible for a refund of professional development lecture/workshop fees, you must notify URI via e-mail toBruce_Birch@mail.uri.edu. Fees are refunded according to the following schedule:
- 100% refund – If notification is received at least twelve business days in advance of lecture/workshop start date.
- No refund will be issued if notice is received eleven or fewer business days in advance of lecture/workshop start date.
Substitutions may be made up to two business days prior to the lecture/workshop start date; notify the URI BPDA office via telephone at401-277-5097 or via e-mail to Bruce_Birch@mail.uri.edu.
Cancellation by URI
URI retains the right to cancel a BPDA lecture/workshop no less than ten business days in advance of the scheduled start date. Registrants will be notified by URI if a lecture/workshop is cancelled and will receive a full refund of registration fees paid. URI is not responsible for airfare penalties or other costs incurred due to cancellation.