URI is pleased to announce a partnership with Perspectives Corporation, located at The Meadows, 1130 Ten Rod Road–Building B 101, North Kingstown, RI 02852 to provide not for college credit American Sign Language Instruction.
Perspectives Corporation offers American Sign Language (ASL) at levels ranging from beginner to advanced, in a friendly, fun and supportive environment at our locations in Warwick and North Kingstown, Rhode Island.
These classes are designed to help professionals who support children, adolescents, and adults who use sign language as a primary means of communication. Teachers, parents, family members, friends, and caregivers will also benefit greatly from taking these classes as they build the necessary skills to communicate with the Deaf or Hard-of-Hearing person.
The University of Rhode Island will provide a Certificate of Completion ($25 fee payable to Perspectives) at the conclusion of each class.
Who can register? Adults and youth ages 16 and up.
Cost per student: $150
(A $25 deposit fee is required at point of registration to hold your seat in the classes)
- Discount group rates are available ($125/student)
- Class fee waived for Perspectives employees
Cost of a book for all levels: $85
- Students may rent a book for a deposit of $40
- $15 of you deposit will be refunded upon return of a non-damaged book
Certificate of Completion: $25
(Optional/payment for this is made directly to Perspectives Corporation.)
- A certificate of completion denoting the amount of CEUs earned for each class level will be issued by the University of Rhode Island