Who are the members of the SGB?
The Student Government Board is a democratic committee, made up of 6-12 students. The office of President, Vice-President and Treasurer are elected positions voted on by the student population and serve a two-year term. The officers and members represent the student population while engaging in disbursing funds provided by the student activity fee in order to make the college experience as enjoyable as possible for all in the community. For example, the Student Government Board provides scholarship monies for URI travel abroad programs and funds a book scholarship program.
As student advocates what do SGB members do?
- Serve on committees to represent their fellow students.
- Sponsor and plan fun activities.
- Voice student concerns.
- Help resolve ASFCCE community issues that affect students.
- Sponsor ASFCCE clubs and trips.
- Fund Senior commencement activities, including the Senior Banquet.
- Help support special events provided by the office of Student Services.
What can I do to help?
- Become a member!
- Bring new ideas to the board.
- Start a new club.
- Become a member.
- Come to a meeting.
- Learn more about your Board.
- Participate in the elections.
How can I become a member?
Stop by room 136 (or Room 125) to pick up an application.
Remember, in order to become a member, you must have paid the student activity fee.