To qualify for admission as a veteran you must meet the following requirements:
- Qualify for VA education benefits administered through the Veterans Administration.
- Meet the University’s admission requirements as a freshman or transfer student, or through performance based admission. (If it has been at least three years since you graduated from high school and you are attending college for the first time).
- Freshman – 18 college preparatory units, with no post-secondary credit. For more information visit www.uri.edu/admission
- Transfer – 24 transferable credits earned at an accredited college or university. For more information visit web.uri.edu/catalog/transfer-admission-requirements
- Performance Based – last educational experience occurred at least three years ago and attempted less than 24 transferable credits. For more information visit Undergraduate Admissions
Transfer Credit Information
Credit is awarded for Basic Training (3 credits for most branches; 5 credits for the marines). Additional credit allowance may be granted by the student’s dean in accordance with the recommendations of the American Council on Education when appropriate to the student’s curriculum. No credit is awarded for schools that are specific to military activities, or for Military Occupational Specialty (MOS).
The information below is available for those seeking military transcripts:JOIN SERVICE TRANSCRIPT
Deferring enrollment to a later term
Students are reviewed for and admitted to a specific term at URI, and are not usually permitted to defer their enrollment to a later term.
You will be allowed to defer your admission to URI if you have been called to active military duty. Please notify the Admission Office in writing immediately upon receipt of your orders so that we can make appropriate arrangements.