The W.J. Cummings Veteran Armed Forces Endowed Scholarship
Veteran (Honorable Discharge) OR Survivors (spouse or child), OR Spouse and Child who are attending URI in a degree seeking program.
This endowed scholarship will be applicable to the Fall 2015 semester. Three endowed scholarships will be awarded. The endowment will be awarded and continue throughout the recipient’s matriculation at URI so long as a review of their academic record (conducted each Fall and Spring semester) verifies that the minimum GPA and credit load requirements are met and that the recipient is meeting the other requirements set forth:
- Maintain a minimum GPA of 2.0
- Maintain 7 or more credits in the semester (unless approved for fewer credits)
- Participate in either the URI Supports Student Veterans Committee, URI’s student veteran group or similar group for veterans
- Follow all student conduct rules
- Represent URI in a positive manner
Students who fail to meet these terms may not be continued and may be required to reimburse scholarship funding as determined by the University.
- A completed application
- A copy of the veteran’s honorable discharge (DD214)
- Copy of your URI transcript
- A copy of the applicant’s Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- A résumé detailing military duty and awards, volunteer activities, community services, and
All applications need to be submitted no later than by Friday, October 2, 2015.
Please send all materials to
URI Office of Veterans Affairs RM 241
80 Washington Street
Providence RI 02903
For additional information on scholarships, awards and grants please go to this webpage http://www.uri.edu/es/students/finance/info.html